Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EX58-UD5 with PCIe Raid controller

Default GA-EX58-UD5 with PCIe Raid controller

Hi there,

I have a GA-EX58-UD5 with a Highpoint RocketRAID 2320 controller in the PCIe 4x slot.

If I leave the Intel controller in non-RAID mode, I get to the BIOS etc fine (but not boot as my boot drive is a pair of Raptors in RAID 0 on the Intel controller)

If I turn RAID on on the Intel Controller, I then cannot boot (it hangs after the Intel and Highpoint cards have scanned the disks with a POST code of 75).

If I unplug one of the drives from the Highpoint controller, leave the Intel controller in RAID, so effectively boot the system with no arrays on the Highpoint controller, it works.

Is there some sort of issue with the BIOS when it sees two arrays on different controllers? Does the BIOS not like seeing an array of over 5TB?

BIOS is the lastest BIOS from the gigabyte site.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD5 with PCIe Raid controller

Have you installed any software on the windows side of things before turning on the card array? I am not sure what the norm should be when using this, but I would not think it should be a problem.

Have you asked Highpoint this?

I couldn't GET to windows with the controller and array installed, so I couldn't install any software. The machine locked up on boot just after the intel and highpoint controllers detected drives....

I have managed to get it to work however, I disabled USB keyboard/mouse/drive support and the gigabyte SATA controller in the BIOS, and it now boots fine!

Not an issue with the highpoint controller as switching the intel controller to IDE mode also enabled boot, and the fact that it is now working... there is SOMETHING not quite right with the gigabyte bios... the Array also worked fine in 2 of my old rigs..

It would be nice to get to the bottom of it as I would like to be able to use the gigabyte SATA controller...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, well thanks for letting us know. If you have the time, or want to, can you check and see which setting exactly it was causing the issue the USB Setting or the Gigabyte controller? No worries if you don't want to mess with it, just thought I would ask in case someone has this issue later on

If it is the USB Setting, then you should be able to re-enable the Gigabyte controller now, but of course you would need to verify that the USB was the issue and not the GA controller first though before that would work.

Thread Information