Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random BSODs with GA-P55-UD4P. Finding it hard to diagnose

Default Re: Random BSODs with GA-P55-UD4P. Finding it hard to diagnose

If it has not been mentioned, The Intel SATA drivers caused this problem for me. I went to the MS ones and it stopped. FYI
    P55-UD4P - i7860 - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - 1600Mhz Mushkin 7-8-7-20 - 3 WD 640GB Black
    880GMA-UD2P - X6 1055T CPU - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - GSkill 1333 8-8-8-21 - 2 500GB WD Black
    2 or 3 other systems I like to play with and a laptop

Quote Originally Posted by nate42nd View Post
    If it has not been mentioned, The Intel SATA drivers caused this problem for me. I went to the MS ones and it stopped. FYI
    Okay cool, good to know - I'll be trying this one I think.

How did you go about loading the MS drivers? Were they downloaded via automatic updates or did you have to go and download them from MS.com or another site?

Oh, and I'm wondering how this can resolve the initial installation of the OS to start with as that seems to be a bit flakey to begin with. Can you remember how your install went?

Third edit: I could try loading the OS onto an IDE drive and if successful, load the SATA drivers as suggested, make an image which you could then move to your SATA drive... (just thinking)

Thanks, nate42nd.
    Last edited by GroinsNZ; 11-12-2009 at 06:41 AM.

Very interesting thread - I'm having nearly identical problems (haven't done memtest though, but have run SiSoft Sandra's torture test instead), as posted here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/p55-...69/#post332564

Did you manage to fix it?

Hi TechLad76,

Yes, I think I resolved the issues I was having but don't have a concrete solution for you.

What I did do, however, was to download and flash the latest BIOS (F4) after which I then went into the BIOS and loaded the default settings. I then went through all the settings to check they matched recommended specs for RAM and CPU (no overclocking). I went to the extent of changing the settings from 'AUTO', to either a specific value where necessary, or otherwise chose the 'NORMAL' option for things like voltages.

I then installed Windows 7 and noted the copying of files right at the beginning was still much slower than on my test machine so this could be related to the SATA driver being used but I'm not sure. After Windows 7 loaded successfully I didn't load any drivers from the Gigabyte CD-ROM provided with the motherboard. Instead I went to Gigabyte's Website and downloaded all the latest drivers for the various chipset components (they've been updated fairly recently).

It's been a couple of weeks now and I've had no BSODs which I'm extremely relieved about! Although, I haven't yet re-registered Win7 just yet - I'll wait another week before doing that :-).

My setup:
    Mobo: GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: Core i7 860
    RAM: 4GB GSkill F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM, 2x2GB, DDR3-1333
    GPU: Radeon 5850 (Powercolor)
    HDD: VelociRapter 150GB + a couple of Seagate drive (SATA) and a couple of IDE drives. LG DVD/CD burner.
    Input: Logitech G15 Keyboard and G9 Mouse.

Cheers.
    Last edited by GroinsNZ; 11-23-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information