Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclock EP45T-Extreme

Question Overclock EP45T-Extreme

Hi to all,
    I am a new member and wish to say hello to everyone and hope that my stay shall be productive & informative. As an "older" pc user I am still learning and have an inquisitive mind when it comes to computers. I want to learn as much as I can.
    My question is this: how do I overclock my EP45T-Extreme mb safely ?
    My system is made up of these main components:

Gigabyte-EP45T-Extreme mb
    Intel E8500 (3.16Ghz) Processor
    4Gb Corsair XMS3 TW3X4G13339A ram
    Gigabyte 9600GT Graphics card
    725 Watt psu
    Pioneer Dvr 218-LBK x 2
    Samsung 1Tb HDD x 2

I read in one of our PC mags that the magazine people actually overclocked their system to 3.9Ghz which ran as stable as can be. I know I have all the tools on my mb cd but I don't know how to put them to good use and do the job properly. Some of you may think that I am stupid for not knowing but I would rather ask & get expert opinions than just go ahead & maybe stuff my board.
    So I ask for your help. Is there anyone that can lead me through the process of overclocking my pc ? I would be grateful for any assistance given.

Kind regards: mich55

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Overclock EP45T-Extreme

3.9GHz should be no big deal for your setup, 4GHz+ is likely depend on your cooling which you have not specified.
    Begin reading this post and prepare your settings accordingly.
    Download Prime96/Orthos/OCCT memtest86+ and IBT(IntelBurnTest)/LinX, those will be used to test settings integrity and stabilitym CoreTemp/RealTemp/HWMonitor to monitor CPU temps and other, CPU-Z and MemSet to retrive system info, and get ready for action.
    Those programs can be found in http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...30/#post284762
    Also get the templates in this post or the one below it to post your settings when needed.

Put your system specs including board rev. BIOS ver and a link to your ram specs or at least part number.

Thread Information