Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P55-UD4P: Bus speed resets to 133 after S3 Resume

Default Re: P55-UD4P: Bus speed resets to 133 after S3 Resume

Just checked the event log, I'm getting "The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system." (HAL Error 12) before sleeping.

Event Data
    Count - 2
    First Page - 15
    Last Page - 57

Could it be related to my issues ? Is there any way to fix it ?

I would like to mention that I'm using Windows 7 64bit RC1 (build 7100).

I'm getting the same error. It happens everytime my machine goes to sleep. I've been told that it doesn't affect anything, but I would swear I've experienced odd system instability and general delayed response to things like mouse clicks, dragging and dropping only after that error has occurred. Doesn't appear that there's anything we can do about it except wait for Gigabyte to fix it in the BIOS.

I haven't played around with bclk yet so I can't tell you if I'm seeing that same behavior.
    i7 860 | Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 | CM Hyper212+ | 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 CAS9 (F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL) | Radeon HD 4670 (Gigabyte GV-R467ZL-1GI) | Corsair CMPSU-450VX | WD Caviar Black 640GB | Seagate LP 1TB | Sony Optiarc Black 24x | CM Elite 310 (RC-310-BWN1-GP) + 120mm front intake | Dell UltraSharp 2208WFP (1680x1050) | Windows 7 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by ekoostik View Post
    I'm getting the same error. It happens everytime my machine goes to sleep. I've been told that it doesn't affect anything, but I would swear I've experienced odd system instability and general delayed response to things like mouse clicks, dragging and dropping only after that error has occurred. Doesn't appear that there's anything we can do about it except wait for Gigabyte to fix it in the BIOS.

I haven't played around with bclk yet so I can't tell you if I'm seeing that same behavior.
    I checked my event log : no error before or after sleep. I click on my mouse to wake from sleep. Works fine.

Sometimes, when i press on my razer keyboard to wake from sleep, my special programmed keys are not recognized on wake up. Did not happend lately.

My friend is also using P55-UD4P with Gskill Ripjaws 1600MHZ 7-7-7-24.
    However his PC is no problem at all to enable XMP= running 160mhz with stability. Resume from S3 it's still 160mhz.

Quote Originally Posted by yshuwen521 View Post
    My friend is also using P55-UD4P with Gskill Ripjaws 1600MHZ 7-7-7-24.
    However his PC is no problem at all to enable XMP= running 160mhz with stability. Resume from S3 it's still 160mhz.
    My speed doesn't change. But my CAS Latency does (as reported by CPU-Z). Also I think my command rate. Tell your "friend" to check his event log for a "The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system." (HAL Error 12) message at the time it went to sleep.
    i7 860 | Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 | CM Hyper212+ | 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 CAS9 (F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL) | Radeon HD 4670 (Gigabyte GV-R467ZL-1GI) | Corsair CMPSU-450VX | WD Caviar Black 640GB | Seagate LP 1TB | Sony Optiarc Black 24x | CM Elite 310 (RC-310-BWN1-GP) + 120mm front intake | Dell UltraSharp 2208WFP (1680x1050) | Windows 7 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by ekoostik View Post
    My speed doesn't change. But my CAS Latency does (as reported by CPU-Z). Also I think my command rate. Tell your "friend" to check his event log for a "The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system." (HAL Error 12) message at the time it went to sleep.
    I will ask him to check. As for CAS becomes 4 after resuming from S3, it may be CPUZ issue. CAS of easy tune6 does not change from S3 resume.

My P55-UD4P is exhibiting many of the same problems as described by the previous posters. When returning from S3 Sleep, CAS changes from 9 to 4 and the Command Rate changes from 1T to 2T. These changes in memory timing are shown by three programs: CPU-Z, CPU-Tweaker and Everest Ultimate. All three programs show the correct timings after a fresh boot and the altered timings after resuming from S3 Sleep. The Everest memory benchmarks show an increase in latency from 43 ns to 46 ns after resuming from Sleep so the Command Rate timing appears to be actually changing, although I doubt the CAS is really changing because it probably wouldn't even boot if it really changed from 9 to 4.

I have tried the F3, F4r, F4t and F4v BIOS and they all have the same problem. Interestingly, I don't see any error messages in the Event log like some of the other posters.

I'm currently running an i7-860 at a Bclk of 188 (3.95 GHz).

Have you opened a ticket with Gigabyte about this?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I read this CAS 4 issue was Intel X58 chipset specific and they planned to correct it in the revised chipsets. Odd to hear it is in P55, makes me wonder if either Intel could not correct it and it carried over to P55 or it was not chipset specific and they could not correct it still?

Odd to see that's for sure. And yes many programs show it, so I doubt it is any one specific program errors. I though it was an incorrect report from the Northbridge registers, which was to be corrected according to the X58 chipset change log I saw.

Looks like they still have been unable to fix this.

I will ask and see if I can find anything out

I am still trying to fix my BCLK reduction problem. Sometimes, when Windows resumes I see one or two refreshes with my previous bus (155MHZ) in CPU-Z and after that it changed to the default 133MHZ.

It let me think maybe windows is loading some kind of driver that changes my BCLK.

I tried to remove ET6 and Smart6 and installing the newer version. Uninstalling succeeded but installing give me error of "Error Number: 0x80040707 Description: DLL function call crashed: CheckFK.SearchBIOSStr Setup will now terminate." Error is also given when trying to install Smart6.

I tried Gigabyte's support, but besides getting an answer of try to update the bios and check with your retailer, It wasn't very helpful.

Any clues of which drivers can affect my BCLK ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information