Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I'd Never Use Gigabyte Products Again

Default Re: Why I'd Never Use Gigabyte Products Again

All manufacturers produce countless motherboards every year. Sucks you had to be the one that got the lemons. Perhaps if u didn't go around everywhere crying about it you would have a bit better luck.

Psycho has said it all, and Fatguy has said nothing but " i complain about a manufacturers products yet still use an ep45-ud3p" If its so bad go on ahead and replace it with a no-name brand. Pretty hypocritical .
    i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21) 1.34 vcore 1.33 qpi
    Noctua U12P se1366 Push Pull w/scythe slipstreams
    6GBOCZ1333 @ 1600 - 9 9 9 24 1.64v
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
    Corsair tx750 PSU
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    Intel SSD80GBG2C1 OS/Apps
    WD Caviar Black 500gb Data
    ASUS Xonar DX
    Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
    Windows 7 64bit

Indeed. dbee is correct. I've had ultra expensive quality brand stuff go wrong and cheap rubbish last ages and visa versa. There's always an element of luck envolved. For example I bought another X25-M off eBay for 120, bargain. It was just my luck that it was dead onarrival. The guy sold about 6 of them in the same day and sure enough he has 5 feedbacks basically saying "Perfect drive, thanks". Just my pure bad luck to get a knackered one. It's happened with two CPU's too and a set of G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 for a build I'm doing for my neighbour.

As SCSIraidGURU says, unless the product is very standard and always completely and utterly to spec with no fancy bells and whistles like Dual BIOS (which can at times be a problem for some) etc things can go wrong for some people.

When building on a large scale I would use boards from Intel, Supermicro etc too. Basically I'd do the same as the big names like Packard Bell do. Get together a recipe of hardware that works together with virtually guaranteed stability. My Packard Bell came with a trusty non brand name (but well known in the OEM market) motherboard, Samsung manufactured and distributed RAM etc. For Packard Bell, they must qualify their configs to minimise returns and problems. they often use the same manufacturers time and again where innovation and cutting edge performance take a back seat to make way for reliability, stability and a cost balance.

It does look like fatguy1992 has actually envoked positivity for Gigabyte. In all the threads he's posted up with this cut and paste jobbie, the overwhelming majority are supporting Gigabyte with stories of their utter satisfaction.

Maybe he's keeping the UD3P to stick pins in for sme kind of angry voodoo ceremony? Getting this upset isn't worth it. It's kile how Gordon Ramsey flips out in Kitchen Nightmares (UK and USA versions) and Hell's Kitchen. All that shouting and swearing over what's basically just DINNER.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Gigabyte does have a good reputation.

1.) Don't overclock for 3-4 weeks after a build. Make sure its stable on spec.
    2.) Use a quality power supply. I only use PC Power and Cooling
    3.) Make sure your RAM is tested and recommended for your board. Kingston and Crucial do test on many boards
    4.) Start barebones: CPU/HSF, one stick of RAM, video card, no hard drives, a few fans for a load. Use a PCI video card to really limit compatibility issues.
    5.) Verify on forums and manufacturer web site that your hardware is compatible.
    6.) I start by going to the latest BIOS rev and downloading the latest drivers.
    7.) Keep good notes of settings and configurations so you can back track on problems and don't recreate the same problems.

Smile Re: Why I'd Never Use Gigabyte Products Again

Quote Originally Posted by fatguy1992 View Post
    I current own five gigabyte (or should I say crapabyte) products. All of them are a piece of ****. They all worked great for the first 3 months, now they are all dead, dieing or just ****ing around.

Here are some of the problems I have had with these motherboards (UD3R/UD3P/DS3P). As I said all is great for the first 3 or so months, no complains what so ever then. However after that point they ALL start going down hill.

The DS3P for about 3 weeks would not post (if had been turned off, not restarted) until I had cleared its CMOS. I stress tested, re-flashed to every BIOS, didn't help. Then all of a sudden it stooped, no idea why it start in the first place. Also this mobo would not let me change any settings in the BIOS, the options are there, however if I change one, no post at all. BTW this mobo was never OC'ed as it is a workstation. A few months ago it stopped posting so matter what I did. Different CPU, RAM, GPU everything, so I assumed it was the mobo. So I left it for 2 weeks then tired again, still dead so I RMA'ed it. Only to find out that it worked great for them, and I got charged a service fee for RMA'ing a working part. I brought it home, pluged it in and it worked, I thought yay at least its working. I turned it off, came back 2 hours later, won't post again, exact same hardware as before.

The UD3P does this weird crap with RAM. Sometimes it won't post with more then 1 stick of RAM installed. It would just start and stop every 5secs. I tired testing each stick, they all work. As well as different BIOSes.

The UD3R is my most hated mobo ever, pretty much the same reason as stated before, but worse. It has wasted so much of my money and time. So hard to OC, so unpredictable. One time I did 4.976GHz on my Q6600, next time I could even get 4.8GHz with the same settings.

The 9400GT, I got it plug it in and I was wondering why it was running so slow, about the speed of other people's benchmarks with slower clocks. I looked at the specs and it about - of the reference card. ****ing hell it says 9400GT on the box, so it should have the same specs as a reference 9400GT. If it has less, then it is not a ****ing 9400GT. So its a piece of crap too weak to even run phyx. I can't RMA it, cause it working how crapabyte made it to, so it isn't dead.

I also own a gigabyte mouse, this worked so well for 3months like everything else. It was great value and all that. The one day it just died, no reason so I RAM'ed it.

So am I really that unlucky that all 5 crapabyte products I brought this year all suck? Anyway I really hope that gigabyte goes out of business. I don't have heaps of money to go spending on stuff, so when I buy something I want it to work how it should for longer then 3 months. Is that really too much to ask from a company? Has anyone else had similar issues?
    Yes, I have been having issues since i first got my v 1.6 ga-ep45-ud3p. slot 1&3 doesn't work but only on 800mhz . FDa bios came out and tried it. It would not pass memtest86+ 4.00 optimized defaults. I've been 800mhz since.

I thought about running mch at 1.30 - 1.36v to run 1066 but i hesistated when i read the specs for the p45 chipset's max voltage at 1.21v

Will be trying bios FC soon on GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.6)

SCSIraidGURU, very, very nice rig. Seriously jealous. lol. Can we see pics?
    Last edited by R_Hollandtekk; 11-17-2009 at 10:18 PM.

the OP has pasted word for word the exact same thread on other forums.
    Maybe instead of spam complaining OP, you should just CHOOSE A DIFFERENT BRAND?
    im sick of seeing repeat vendor verdict threads about how bad such and such brand is.

I already had your OCAU thread removed. IMO this one should have the same thing done.
    Gaming: GIGABYTE X58-UD5 - i7 920 C0 - Noctua NH-U12P - 6GB OCZ Platinum PC3-10666 CL7 - Sapphire HD5870 - Antec P182 - TruePower Trio 650w - 3 Acer X243HB in Eyefinity - 2 x 500GB ST3500320AS 7200.11, SD1A - MS Digital Media KB - Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Server: - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L - 4GB Team 1333 CL9 - 1x 160 2.5 5400RPM - 2x 500GB ST3500320AS 7200.11, SD1A - 1x 250GB ST3500320AS 7200.12 - 1x 1.5TB ST3500320AS 7200.12

HTPC1
    : GIGABYTE EP45-UD3L - E7600 - 2GB Corsair DHX 800 C5 - GIGABYTE 8500GT - Antec Fusion - Microsoft Comfort Wireless / Logitech MX1000 bt - Windows 7 Ultimate x64

HTPC2
    : GIGABYTE 945GCMX-S2 - E6320 - 2GB Corsair DHX 800 C5 - GIGABYTE 7600GT - Antec Fusion - Windows 7 Ultimate x64

HTPC3:
    GIGABYTE P35-DS4 - E6750 - 4GB OCZ System Elite 800 - GIGABYTE 8800GTX - TT Shark - Earthwatts 500w - DeNovo Mini - Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Inside my chassis

http://www.scsiraidguru.com/Computer...s/P1014183.JPG

Front of the chassis: Those white enclosues can hold up to 16 x 2.5" Savvio SAS hard drives.

http://www.scsiraidguru.com/Computer...s/P1014182.JPG

Before switching brands. Verify a few things.

1.) Figure out which circuit your computer is on in the house. Turn it off and see what else is on it. I have seen this cause issues. A power supply requires a certain voltage and current to work properly
    2.) Call your memory manufacturer and verify your memory is recommended for that board.
    3.) Look for the memory configuration charts in the manual. Some triple channel boards like the new Supermicro X8DAH+-F require only one stick per channel to get 1333 MHz. I have seen some of the new i7 boards with the same gotcha. Two sticks per channel is 800 or 1066
    4.) Verify the bus speed of your CPU with CPU-Z. I have seen some gray market CPUs that show one thing on top and different on CPU-Z.

Was expecting something crazy awesome like
    Last edited by R_Hollandtekk; 11-17-2009 at 10:19 PM.

With some insanely crazy fast storage drives.
    Found this pic somewhere. I didn't even know you could get reads speeds that high. mind:blown srsly
    Last edited by R_Hollandtekk; 11-17-2009 at 10:35 PM.

I install flashing lights at customer sites only.

At home, it is just old fashion pure power. No glitz or glamour. Keep it simple and very fast. I let its performance do the talking. I turn it on. Do my work. When done, turn it off. A few times a week backup to tape. I don't need all the fancy LCD lighting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information