Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 790X-UD4P PCI-E Problem

Default Re: 790X-UD4P PCI-E Problem

Thank you for the Ctrl+F1 suggestion. I completely forgot about it after my overclocking. I have been playing with it so far with no success, partly due to the cryptic labels on each option. Is there any information that I can look into with regard to what each option does?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I know you say the amount changed with or without a network cable installed, but can you please test both cards on another system to be sure they both operate at the full correct speeds?

I have seen this a lot, and normally it is bad PCB on the cards
    Hmm.. Thought I was going to RMA and took the board out, but I'll give it a shot one more time. I do have a couple NV video cards as well and other AMD board. (ASrock 780GMH) I will report back later tonight. Though I already applied for an RMA, I'd like to know the cause of issue of this kind.

Thank you all for your help.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Let me know how you get along with testing other cards, and or testing those cards in another machine

I tried a 8500 GT and the result was the same. I haven't put these cards in a different board yet but 3 video cards showing same symptom can't be a coincidence, I think.

I'll try to upload a couple screenshots later. I haven't flashed with the beta BIOS, btw, but I am not sure if I'll try that. (not a fan of beta)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Beta is all I use, they have the fixes and improvements long before the finals. And with you using AMD you may be waiting a while for a final, and actually the current beta may be renamed to be the final anyway so you could be waiting for no reason.

I do suggest you clear your CMOS, update to the latest BIOS and then load optimized and reboot back to the BIOS and make your BIOS changes and then get in windows and see what you find.

I had taken apart the board for the RMA, so I installed a 7750 BE just to see if anything changes. Not really a change but the board went from providing x1 bandwidth to x4 bandwidth, without the network cable connected at boot.

HD 3850

8500 GT

I mean, I suppose I could try a beta BIOS but I have tried multiple BIOSes already.. and the board functioned normally when I got it first. Right now I am getting X1, X2 or X4 bandwidth and I have absolutely no idea or control over how that's happening.

Exclamation Re: 790X-UD4P PCI-E Problem

Before you waste any time with the F9a(beta)bios, some info....

Regarding said bios.
    The added CPU Core control will not be there unless you have an AM3 cpu.
    AM2 or AM2+ cpu's in this board will not allow CPU core control.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a 7750 and 7850 on said board with that bios and there is nothing extra to be seen in the bios.
    Hybrid or regular M.I.T changes nothing unless you have an AM3 Cpu.
    No extra settings at all with an AM2 or AM2+ cpu.

<!-- / message -->

There may be no extra settings but remember, Gigabyte seldom list all the changes made in a new BIOS.

A lot of BIOS changes that solve bugs or compatibility issues can't be seen by the end user, they're contained within settings and code that isn't user modifiable.

I'm not saying that the latest beta will solve the issue, just that it cn't be eliminated on the strength of patch notes or another users experience. It's a "try it and see" kind of thing.

Beta BIOS is also all I've used for some time. my current BIOS is beta as were all the versions of F9 I used. I think F9 was final for about a week before they released the first F10 beta (which was a bit broken but the fix came out within a day). That's the only issue I've ever had with betas and it wasn't a critical problem.

Edit: You may want to flash back to a final BIOS before you RMA, if you do try the beta and it fixes nothing.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

I am pretty confident that this has got to do with the Realtek NIC, because 1) it's also rooted in north bridge, and 2) I got x4 bandwidth when I connected the network cable. (Yes, the x1 bandwidth I got above was without network)
    http://download.gigabyte.ru/manual/m...90x-ud4p_e.pdf
    Here are some suggestions.
    You may want to update your drivers. Include that Gigabyte LAN driver. Scroll down on the below url and select the ones for Windows 7 OS 32bit or 64bit. ---> GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver - GA-MA790X-UD4P (rev. 1.0)
    Did you uninstalled the graphics drivers first in control panel add remove programs, when changing cards. ATI Catalyst Install Manager. Then installed the 4850 card? and installed the updated drivers from your card manufacturer? Don't just rely on the Windows 7 update for this.
    I also am familiar with some Biostar boards, which use a Paddle Card in the top PCIEx16 Slave slot and the single card goes into the lower PCIEx16 Master slot. This is the only way to get it at 16X speed. I use GPUZ to check the bandwidth. On this Gigabyte board the top slot is the PCIEx16 slot.
    Last edited by artdrivers; 11-22-2009 at 01:59 PM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Quote Originally Posted by artdrivers View Post
    http://download.gigabyte.ru/manual/m...90x-ud4p_e.pdf
    Here are some suggestions.
    You may want to update your drivers. Include that Gigabyte LAN driver. Scroll down on the below url and select the ones for Windows 7 OS 32bit or 64bit. ---> GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver - GA-MA790X-UD4P (rev. 1.0)
    Did you uninstalled the graphics drivers first in control panel add remove programs, when changing cards. ATI Catalyst Install Manager. Then installed the 4850 card? and installed the updated drivers from your card manufacturer? Don't just rely on the Windows 7 update for this.
    I also am familiar with some Biostar boards, which use a Paddle Card in the top PCIEx16 Slave slot and the single card goes into the lower PCIEx16 Master slot. This is the only way to get it at 16X speed. I use GPUZ to check the bandwidth. On this Gigabyte board the top slot is the PCIEx16 slot.
    Gigabyte drivers for this board for Windows 7 do NOT include LAN drivers.........
    Lan drivers are installed by Windows 7 on installation.
    I have the same board and Windows 7 installed the LAN driver as part of installing Windows 7.
    ---------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information