Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front Power Switch

Default Re: Front Power Switch

I used a DMM to check the 3.3 power at the pin according to the datasheet for the MX chip.
    I used a killawatt wall socket meter to measure what the PSU is pulling. If its 80% efficient, 220 watts at the wall is about 180 watts output. The most I've ever seen it pull was 360 watts at the wall while running occt GPU and CPU. I don't trust that program is good for the life of hardware, so I only it ran it for like 30 min total to get a clear idea of what are the max load temps and watts of GPU and CPU.
    My bios does have a virus that prevents a complete flash using the FLASHSPI.exe, for which I don't know any switches to completely reprogram all BIOS code. The BIOS disallows DMA access to hardware, and so I can't even perform a Secure Erase of the disks. I have shelved the computer for now, but I heard AWDFLASH.EXE may work and has lots of options for more complete flashes.
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3R | E8500 3.16Ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS 1066 | Sapphire HD4850 675/993 | 2x Hitachi 250GB RAID 0 | Bios F11e | Cooler Master CM690

Yes, AWDFLASH.exe may allow the reprogramming of all BIOS data blocks. If you PM Lsdmeasap he may also have a method. There are ways and means that aren't generally discussed here as they're a last resort and unless really needed, can break things if not performed correctly.

If your PSU is showing those voltages with a DMM then it's most likely the unit itself that's fault not any components. Setting up the switches differently certainly won't help as there's no current going through them, they're merely triggers to allow the +5VSB to connect and turn on the PSU. Replacing the power supply should be top priority on that machine.

OCCT should be safe to run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year as long as the PC is stable and well cooled. It will not reduce the life of parts any more than anything else that fully loads the PC. Your power consumption figures seem fine. People grossly over estimate the amount of power a PC draws. Mine with two GPU's oc'd, CPU OC'd etc etc probably draws barely 420W from the busines end of the PSU while gaming (on average). A game won't be using the CPU at as intense a level as a stress test program will. The task manager may show 100% CPU Usage, but there are different intensities of 100%, it depends what instructions are being used, cache etc.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

The flashSPI Switches can be found using the /? switch, If I remember right there is only a few.

The boot block is all that it is skipping over, and I think one of the switches will allow you to flash the full BIOS be clearing the DMI during the flash.

Qflash should also flash it all, just disable keep DMI Data

I am not sure what you are meaning about secure erasing your disks, but you should not have any issues doing that. How are you trying and with what programs? What errors or issues are you having with that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information