Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA P55 UD6 ram issues.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA P55 UD6 ram issues.

Anytime, I am here to help!

No, mixing ram wont cause any damage at all, physical or permanent. Sometimes it will work, if the memory specs are similar, but since your's are so different it may be hard or near impossible to get them working together.

Try this, try putting in the 1600Mhz sticks in 1+3, then set them up running at 1333Mhz with loose settings and higher ram voltage (Maybe 1.66-1.68), and set PCH Voltage to 1.2-1.24, QPI/Vtt voltage to 1.35-1.46. Then save and apply F10, and reboot back to the BIOS, then shut down. Then put the 1333Mhz sticks into the remaining slots and see if it will then start and allow you to enter the BIOS. If so there may be hope, if not you may just need to use one set or the other, until you get matched pairs.

If you need help setting up either set alone I can indeed help with that, just let me know

Hrmm just to reiterate, I have actually tried both sets of RAM on the board without the others. So i've tried installing the corsair in 1 & 3 without the Kingston and then the vice versa - kingston in 1 & 3 and the Corsair out.

Even utilizing just one set of paired RAM sticks, it does not recognize (you know what I mean by recognize now) the 3rd slot.

I've had a further look around and it appears to be a recurring theme with the P55. One solution was simply changing the RAM...have I been unlucky enough to have 2 sets of different RAM, both of which are not properly compatible with my board?

Haha, I hope not.
    Sapphire Radeon 5850 1024Mb

May just need to wait out proper BIOS support. I have not had a chance yet to test myself, will P55 boot with sticks only in 2+4? Just wondering, you may actually have a bad slot 3 now that you mention things that way.

You do mention this because of what I suggested right? You know it wont work due to faulty slot 3?

Have you tried adjusting the things I mentioned? Should not matter with one set really, but I just wondered.

Can you boot with any stick in slot 3 alone?

I have not tried adjusting what you recommended just yet.

Erm, I don't believe I can boot if there is not RAM in slots 1 or 2.

I attempted to boot with ram in 3 & 4 but have not tested purely 3 alone. I'll give that a shot.

The strange thing is though, the RAM is being detected, just not utilized. Even Windows (7), displays the following:

Memory: 8GB (4GB Usable)

But yeah, you are likely right. I might just need to wait for a working BIOS fix. My problem is, I have bought my parts from a terrible retailer. The extent of support they can provide me is to bring in everything, whereby they will send it back to their head office for testing. Sounds time consuming and fruitless.

Well physical slot 3 is what I thought you meant. Dual channel should be physical slots 1+3 (labeled DDR3_1 + DDR3_3)

So, which did you mean to be sure?

What OS are you using, x64 right?

Oh...is there a difference between the physical and other?

But yes, I did mean physical if that's what it translates to.

Yep, Windows 7 64 Bit.

Well yes, sometimes us users confuse physical slots and numerically labeled ones from the CPU.

Physical slot one from the CPU is slot DDR3_2

So you were using slots 1+3 physical? Now that I look at your manual again, I was WRONG!

It should be physical slots 2+4 for dual channel, this is likely why 3 would not work when using two sticks, it should only work with all channels populated. Sorry for my confusion, X58 triple channels and the physical/numerical changes from old DDr2 boards always has me confused when I am replying to someone.

Sorry again, you should be able to use two sticks in 2+4, can you?

Oh that's interesting. Well, i'll attempt a boot with just 2 & 4 installed. But last time I tried, the system simply shutdown after a few seconds of not responding. Actually...i'm now uncertain as to which combination i have tried. In light of the information you provided, i'll try both 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 right now.

Let me know how you get along, sorry about my confusion on that again!

You can see how it can be confusing now though right?

Ok! I have tried all combinations.

I have also tried running just 1 RAM stick in each slot. All yielded failure to boot with the exception of slot 1. Even slot 2 was unsuccessful.

Can I draw any conclusions from that?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information