Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: m61pme-s2p, will not boot from cd

Default m61pme-s2p, will not boot from cd

I entered bios and set my cd drive as the primary boot device, restarted my computer. The prompt "press any key to boot from cd" appears, I press a key.... nothing happens. I restart my computer again prompt pops up again, I mash every button on my keyboard and ... nothing happens. The keyboard works at every other time, even during post to enter bios, just not when I want to boot from cd. The computer proceeds to boot from hard disk every time, which is exactly what I don't want it to do because I'm trying to delete the partition it is booting from. Someone please help me I've looekd everywhere and I'm stumped.

Default Re: m61pme-s2p, will not boot from cd

Might try and hit F12 and see what it does for grins and giggles.

But I venture to say your bios is set up wrong to start with.... Just a thought

Just tryed that, and my keyboard doesn't work to navigate the menu even though it worked to ge me there.

Chike is offline Senior Member

If USB keyboard see if you can get into BIOS intgrated periferials and enable USB keyboard function there.
    Use PS/2 keyboard or converter if you have them and keyboard does not work with BIOS either.

Thread Information