Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ex58-ud5 chipset usb drivers

Default ex58-ud5 chipset usb drivers

Hi. I have put the chipset drivers in for my ud5, but the usb drivers are still listed as microsoft version 6.1.7600.16385 for windows 7 pro, are other peoples the same for this board. Thanks.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: ex58-ud5 chipset usb drivers

Latest Intel chipset drivers are here, second link
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...?ProductID=816

They should show up as Intel Drivers, but I am not sure about windows 7. Hopefully someone will chime in and let you know as I am using Vista.

Please do let us know where exactly you are looking and seeing this so others can check and tell you what they find.

Hi. I am looking at device manager under universal serial bus controllers. Thanks.

OK, then which one under that?

Here is an image of how it looks in my Vista, I would assume windows 7 is likely the same.

Surprised no one has chimed in to answer.

If you want me to check I do have a copy of the Beta version I could install and check for you

Hi. if you choose any of the ihc10 host controllers and look at the driver version on them mine are dated 2006 by microsoft, in my old vista they were newer intel drivers. Thanks.

Ya in Vista I see this for any of the "Intel" Labeled ones, the others are Microsoft >>

Do you need me to test windows 7? Since it looks like no one else is going to?

Hi Lsdmeasap, Thanks for offering to test windows, but there is no need, as my system seems stable, mabe though you might know someone using a x58 chipset who is running windows7 and may be able to find out if theirs is the same, also just on another note, is there a reason why you havent installed windows 7. Thanks.

I do not like windows 7 is why I am not using it.

I did have a test install setup for just this kind of testing for others, but I removed it a week or so ago to rearrange some partitions.

I will go ahead and set it up again, then let you know. I will likely get that done this weekend sometime, I'll PM you and update this post with my findings

Thread Information