Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 (rev. 1.0)

Default GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 (rev. 1.0)

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 (rev. 1.0)

So I installed windows 7 and I am unable to get my Media Keys and Volume Control to work on my G11 and someone told me I should update my bios because Windows 7 "demands" proper bios for support.

Now personally I don't think this is the problem but I want to make sure so I ask here.

I current use the first revision with F3 BIOS.

Link to my BIOS
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP45-UD3R (rev. 1.0)

Do any of these newer bios actually do ANYTHING to help me on this issue? He also told me that there is a tool to update the bios from Windows to remove any risk of bricking my board while updating the bios.

I have never heard of this and I flash my bios the normal cd/flash drive method.

Thank you.

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 (rev. 1.0)

Well thank you for the help but I found the fix and here it is.

Go to Start, and type in “services.msc”.
    Scroll down to “Human Interface Device Access”. Right click, go to properties.
    Change the Startup Type to Automatic, and click the “Start” button. Press OK and close the services manager.
    Try using your volume or media controls. All fixed!

Special thanks to the guy I stole this from biggardr @ MS forums.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, HID Would need to be enabled, as well as drivers installed for the keyboard if need be.

I do suggest you update your BIOS though, there is many fixes and improvements in the later BIOSes.

It is simple and easy to do, here is a guide >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Well considering the phrase "If it ain't broke don't fix it" and your gigabyte site even says

Because BIOS flashing is potentially risky, if you do not encounter problems using the current version of BIOS, it is recommended that you not flash the BIOS. To flash the BIOS, do it with caution. Inadequate BIOS flashing may result in system malfunction.
    So is there a detailed list as to what the new bios does for me? Looking at the brief description I see nothing that actually helps me or speeds up my system.

I just wanted to add since I have had a board fail to update and die on me. Is there a "back up bios" set up with my board that will save it in case I do fail to update my board?

Also will it reset any of my current CPU/Memory/Voltage settings by updating?

Yes you have a dual BIOS, if one fails the secondary will kick in and flash the MAIN BIOS. Here is some reading on how that works >>
    --GIGABYTE--DUAL BIOS WEB

The warnings you see are just to cover their rear ends, for those who may not have any clue or anyone to guide them along. You will be fine if you follow my guide, I flash sometimes 10+ times a week, even to a mis-matched BIOS for my board and never have issues. If you follow the guide you will be done in less than a minute.

I can find you a change log if you like, latest BIOS always has many fixes and improvements that are not noted on the main site change logs. Often times more than in the more detailed change logs I could provide you as well.

What BIOS are you on anyway, if it is old which is likely since you have nto flashed it, then you will see many bug fixes and improvements.

Here is the changes of the last three relevant BIOSes and the addition of AHCI 1.20 will greatly improve your bootup times

F11
    Fixed MMIO-Problem bei 32bit BS 3.25 -> 3.5 GB
    New XHD RAID Support

Beta F10f
    New AHCI ROM 1.20E
    ALT+F12 - Allows Flash Backup BIOS
    "Backup BIOS Image to HDD" Standard Set to [Disabled]

F10c
    New AHCI ROM 1.07

I am on F3 the first bios of Revision 1 board. Also I was just reading and each of the "recovery" bios requires a Floppy...who the hell actually owns a floppy drive in this day and age?
    Last edited by Twist86; 11-20-2009 at 11:38 PM.

No, the backup BIOS has nothing to due with a floppy. So you mis-read something, or something was written incorrectly somewhere.

I have floppies and use them, they can be lifesavers when/if a board dies.

The backup BIOS is a second chip on your board, exact same as the first only it holds a backup copy of a BIOS in case something goes wrong. When there is an issue, the backup BIOS will kick in, if it fails it will then search your hard drive for a backup BIOS (Which would only be there if you have flashed and have this enabled in the BIOS) and if none is found there it would then search DVD/CD Drives. Your motherboard install CD has a hidden backup BIOS on it as well, which the board can find in the case it came down to that.

BIOS flashing is simple and safe with Qflash, please do not be afraid, go ahead and update your BIOS following my guide. F3 is VERY OLD

Thread Information