Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: P55-UD5 + i7-860 OC@4Ghz and BSOD 124




  1. #11
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: P55-UD5 + i7-860 OC@4Ghz and BSOD 124

    1.6 PCH is way to much!

    While I hate to say it since you already spent $$ and would have to now spend more, X58 would be a better choice.

    If you want further help with this let me know though! If you already decided to o X58 for sure, let me know when you get your setup and I can help with that much easier

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: P55-UD5 + i7-860 OC@4Ghz and BSOD 124

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    1.6 PCH is way to much!

    While I hate to say it since you already spent $$ and would have to now spend more, X58 would be a better choice.

    If you want further help with this let me know though! If you already decided to o X58 for sure, let me know when you get your setup and I can help with that much easier
    I wanted to say 1.16 PCH AND NOT 1.6 heheh
    Yeah 1.6 would be way to much.

    But i think i've found the culprit.

    I have increase my DRAM voltage from 1.66 to 1.72, and so far so good.
    Did some testing and it passed were it usually failed before.

    I'll keep you posted.
    By the way, thanks for the help, that's appreciated!

  3. #13
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: P55-UD5 + i7-860 OC@4Ghz and BSOD 124

    Ahh, that sounds much better! Glad to hear you did not actually use 1.6!

    Sounds good, ram voltages can often be offset by QPI/Vtt, so you may want to try that higher and see if you can then lower your ram voltage.

    Keep us updated on your testing

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: P55-UD5 + i7-860 OC@4Ghz and BSOD 124

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh, that sounds much better! Glad to hear you did not actually use 1.6!

    Sounds good, ram voltages can often be offset by QPI/Vtt, so you may want to try that higher and see if you can then lower your ram voltage.

    Keep us updated on your testing
    You i should try to increase my QPI/VTT voltage to be able to lower my DRAM voltage?

    Right now, my QPI/VTT is 1.5 and my DRAM is 1.72.
    My system has been stable for a few days and i've been able to do things where it would BSOD before, so i think this setup looks good.
    The PCH is at stock (1.05) and the PLL too (1.8)

    The timmings on my ram is 7-7-7-20 @ 1600 Mhz right now.

    Also, why do you say that x58 is a better option?
    Only for OCing or because of the performances?

    I really wasn't sure when i bought my system. I didn't really knew the differences between both at that time...

    I regret my choice, even though my system is working great.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: P55-UD5 + i7-860 OC@4Ghz and BSOD 124

    theres no difference in games between an x58 set up and a p55 system,its video editing movie encoding that the x58 system would be quicker and thats mostly down to tripple channel memory
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #16
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: P55-UD5 + i7-860 OC@4Ghz and BSOD 124

    Quote Originally Posted by Glandoux View Post
    You i should try to increase my QPI/VTT voltage to be able to lower my DRAM voltage?

    Right now, my QPI/VTT is 1.5 and my DRAM is 1.72.
    My system has been stable for a few days and i've been able to do things where it would BSOD before, so i think this setup looks good.
    The PCH is at stock (1.05) and the PLL too (1.8)

    The timmings on my ram is 7-7-7-20 @ 1600 Mhz right now.

    Also, why do you say that x58 is a better option?
    Only for OCing or because of the performances?

    I really wasn't sure when i bought my system. I didn't really knew the differences between both at that time...

    I regret my choice, even though my system is working great.
    Which model is your memory Patriot 2X2GB 1600Mhz?
    QPI/VTT 1.5V and DRAM 1.72V,overclockers using for benching,but not for 24/7.
    Last edited by stasio; 12-01-2009 at 02:57 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  7. #17
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: P55-UD5 + i7-860 OC@4Ghz and BSOD 124

    X58 is far better in many ways I believe, P55 only exceeds in Memory overclocking, which I almost bet the X58 will do in dual channel as well.

    I did not know your voltage was already that high, I was only suggesting that you can often use a bit more QPI/Vtt to try to use less Vdimm. I would say you should try a bit more PCH, then see if you can lower QPI/Vtt and or Vdimm as stasio's comment above is true.

    Voltages should not need to be as high as what you are using, unless you are running very fast frequencies or super tight timings, and even then you may only want to do that for benchmarking and back off a little bit for 24/7 use

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: P55-UD5 + i7-860 OC@4Ghz and BSOD 124

    I've got myself a i7-920 D0 + EX58-UD5 + OCZ 1600Mhz ram.

    I've got a buyer for my i7-860...

    So far, the 920 is really a better chip to OC, see this post for more info.

    thanks a bunch guys!

    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/feed...erclock-36637/

  9. #19
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: P55-UD5 + i7-860 OC@4Ghz and BSOD 124

    Nice to see you like your new setup!! So you agree with me too eh, X58 is better?

    I will check your other thread here shortly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •