Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ga-p35-ds3l

Default Ga-p35-ds3l

Went to cpuz and noticed that core speed is 1600 and multiplier is 6 isnt it suppose to be 2.4 and 9????
    Imageshack - cpuzn

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Ga-p35-ds3l

You have enabled in the BIOS C1E and EIST (Intel Speedstep), this is in advanced BIOS page. You must disable these for the CPU to run at full speed all the time

Thanks!
    strange i didnt touch in the bios anything maybe it did automatically since i have updated mother...

Default Re: GA-P35-DS3L

well since ive change that in the bios my temperature went up to 50C is that a good temperature for cpu?
    Imageshack - coretemp

Ya they are enabled by default, so if you updated the BIOS or loaded optimized and had them disabled before that they would be again enabled.

Is that idle temps? What cooler are you using? It may be normal for a quad, depending on your cooler and ambient temps.

What do you have set for voltages or are they on auto? Any overclock applied?

Looks like its idle temps. Iam using the cooler that came with cpu. I dont know much about overclocking so i didnt touch anything in the bios.
    this is what i have in my bios MB Intelligent tweaker:
    Imageshack - img1476q

Ahh, well that may be why. Stock coolers are not very good at all, and may not cool the CPU running at full speed very well as it is designed to cool it with speedstep enabled.

If you feel the temps are too warm you will need to enable C1E and EIST again, or start looking for a better cooler (My Suggestion)

Is this a good fan for cpu?
    Newegg.com - ZALMAN 9500A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

and thanks for all your help!

Not really for a quad, I had the 9700 and it can keep up with a dual core ok. Of course I was overclocking though, that may keep up with a quad at stock, if you do not plan to overclock. But if you like that style, and have the extra cash I do suggest you choose this model

$53.35 free shipping
    Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Or even this, I have not used this myself but I have read reviews and it is better than the 9700

$55.84 free shipping
    Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9900LED 120mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

If you case can is large enough for the same amount of $ you could get a ThermalRight TRUE which would be much better

$57.95 + Shipping
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme Rev C

I was thinking to overcloak in the near future. Do you know anymore websites for cpu fans & heatsinks? And that thermalright Ultra 120 doesnt have a fan?
    Ill probably get zalman 9900 if it fits in my case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information