Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: GA-P55 UD3 Cold boot BSOD problem

Default Re: GA-P55 UD3 Cold boot BSOD problem

Quote Originally Posted by Adski View Post
    Yes indeed this is the memory I am now using.
    Please Adski, could you post your voltatges and timings for these Kingston Modules, you are runing the default 1.5v?

Thanks!

All my settings are default from the installation of the kingston ram. I have changed nothing at all as I am just happy to have a stable system at last.

I did play with voltages on my old ram to try and stabilize the system but nothing worked. At the moment I could't give you any other specific numbers as I am at work and don't have access to my own pc.

I don't think I can even give you actual numbers anyway as, on my bios and most bios that I have seen when you use the default values they are set as "AUTO". I'll have a look tonight when I boot and see if there is anything else that I can add.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Please Adski, could you post your voltatges and timings for these Kingston Modules, you are runing the default 1.5v?

Thanks!
    1.5v wont hurt your ram,its rated at that voltage...its always best to set ram timings and voltages manually,if left on auto it will overvolt it,you can run things just the same and alot cooler if you set volts yourself like cpu and qpi set them to the normal setting unless your overclocking,then they will need to be raised to compensate the higher clocks
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, now i'm testing my system with only 2 memory sticks 2x2Gb, and all is running well, no cold boots in two days.

Could be a memory problem, or an electrical problem with all the 4 memory sticks, but for me it's a good steep, for now with 4Gb ram I can work without problems.

Thanks for your time!

Good luck - I've had the problems with 2x2gb though. Convinced it's a bios compatibility problem rather than a ram fault (on mine at least), so I'll probably wait for the next version and see what happens.

Looks like my problem is solved. It's one of the memory modules which is faulty. Unfortunately the errors occured only sporadically, which lead to all the confusion. Now the module seems to have died for good. Running the remaining module in single channel mode, everything is fine. Yesterday I ordered new 2x2GB Kingstons, the GEIL modules I will return.

Roland

Yesterday I ordered new 2x2GB Kingstons, the GEIL modules I will return.
    Edit: Evereything is running fine with the Kingstons for 4 days now FINALLY!!

Wish yo all Good Luck!
    Roland

Well, have just updated to the latest bios - will see if that fixes things with the RAM/cold boot problem.

EDIT - no luck. Will try booting with optimised defaults tomorrow, see what happens.
    Last edited by simongwynne; 01-21-2010 at 08:41 PM.

OK, slight update - for the first time (after setting the memory profile to Profile1) the bios has correctly recognised the speed and timings of the ram, so once again I'll see how it goes in the morning.

Just thought I'd post to say that since the latest BIOS release memtest86+ now gives errors on one of my sticks, so I'm going to try and get it replaced today. I feel a bit guilty having wasted so much of people's time here, but it has been much appreciated (and I've learned a lot). I'll report back once the new RAM is installed.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread Information