Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P55 UD3 Cold boot BSOD problem

Default Re: GA-P55 UD3 Cold boot BSOD problem

ok, after a quick test it appears that it's manually setting the ram timings that causes the boot fail - despite the fact auto has the same values, if that makes sense. i'll try your suggested settings again, minus the ram timings and see what happens.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hmm, ok. If it is this, then we may need to adjust one of your advanced timings instead of using auto on them all.

ok, with your settings and ram timings set to auto it won't boot, however if i change Performance Enhance (spd) to Turbo it does. I'll see how it goes and report back tomorrow.

thanks.

Ahh, good thinking! Keep with that then, or even try Extreme instead, this is what I always use. I normally just suggest standard by default because users are here for help with booting or stability and this normally needs to be changed from Turbo.

I'll have to keep in mind what you have found, this may be a reoccurring theme with P55

no luck I'm afraid - blue screen again this morning (though a different blue screen, far briefer, fatal system failuer or something).

Going to start from scratch, remove the OC and concentrate on the RAM timings, see what happens.

It's very strange, if I turn it on, go straight into the bios for a minute or two, then exit and load windows it'll all be fine. It's like it needs a moment to 'warm up'.

It very well may just need to "warm" up, some boards do have cold boot issues and with these being so new the BIOS may not be up to snuff yet.

Keep at it and let us know how things work out after further testing

Hi

I'm also having the same problems as you
    Except that I'm running Windows7 so the BSOD is sorta different. I do not got BSOD but usually a full-colored screen that is either the windows grey or the windows blue.. either during bootup, or a few seconds after the desktop is displayed

this problem also happens during cold boot only.. i've flashed the BIOS to f5

My card is different, but also from GA's P55 series.. its the P55M-UD2

I'm running 2x2GBTeam Xtreem Low Voltage editions of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM.

To sorta 'double confirm' the cold boot problem, memtest churns out more than 17000 errors on a cold boot, but runs fine on warmboots..

I've not tried a cold boot memtest - will have a go at the weekend.

a cold boot memtest helps to eliminate any issue with the OS. the fact that I have massive cold boot memtest errors (there are also a few ppl with this problem, just google 'cold boot memtest') means that I'm having a hardware/BIOS issue

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information