Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P55 UD3 Cold boot BSOD problem

Default GA-P55 UD3 Cold boot BSOD problem

Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about a problem i've got - as the title suggests when I first turn my PC on in the morning I get a blue screen error (usually the page fault). If I then restart the PC and select Load Windows Normally, everything will be fine, and the system appears to be stable for the rest of the day.

I have an overclocked i5 750 (though the error exists when not OCed) and
    4gb of GSkill ram, tested fine with memtest86+, running Windows 7.

Have tried various voltage tweaks, based on other peoples' settings, but I just can't rid myself of this morning blue screen.

thanks,
    Simon

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P55 UD3 Cold boot BSOD problem

What BSOD is it exactly, do you know the error #? It will look like this 0x00000000

What BIOS are you using?

Pretty certain it's 0x00000050, though it may vary (I'll confirm tomorrow morning).

Using the latest bios from Gigabyte's site (F4?) - the problem has travelled over bios updates unfortunately.

thanks.

Ahh well that is normally memory or NB, which may mean you need to adjust your memory or PCH Voltages

How many passes did you run of Memtest86+? I recommend at least 5, 10 would be better.

It also very well could be the BIOS still though, since these boards are so new I don't expect a fully stable great BIOS until around F8 or so

F5 is available if you would like to test it out >>
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/.../p55ud3.F5.zip

Please be sure you read this if you are unsure of proper flashing procedures >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Thanks, I'll give that a go later. Have to admit I usually have my memory settings on AUTO, as setting them manually (1.65, 8-8-8-24) causes a POST failure when I overclock.

Some info from this morning's blue screen:

netbt.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

STOP: 0x00000050

Well when you overclock, you may need to use different settings depending on your overclock of course. Shouldn't be a problem though once you use the right ones.

I can help with it all of course, did you update your BIOS yet? If not I would start there, this error is memory related for sure no matter what file is shown to be the fault at any given time. So some setting adjustments are needed.

Are you using a sound card or any other cards other than PCIE GFX Card? Just checking.

What PSU are you using?

I use the onboard sound, and have a corsair 620hx. Haven't updated the bios yet (I'm at work and it's morning here), but will do this evening.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

K, thanks!

Ya I would go ahead and update the BIOS first as this is likely the cause of some issues with these boards being so new

Well, the latest is that I got home yesterday evening, switched the PC on and it booted to Windows with no bsod on the way. The difference being is that it wasn't switched off at the wall (which it usually is at night). I then updated the BIOS and ran memtest (no errors).

Now this morning it pretty much booted fine (again without being turned off at the wall), however it seemed to restart itself at POST before loading windows with no problems.

Could it be a power supply issue? Definitely seems to be fine (or better) when not turned off at the wall at night.

Well I do advise against switching boards off at the wall or PSU Socket as this will drain the CMOS battery and often clear the CMOS which can cause various issues.

No need to unplug it really, if you have it turned off it is not using any power at all.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information