Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex58 cold boot and sleep problems

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Ex58 cold boot and sleep problems

Sounds nice, you make me wonder if I am going to like my rocketfish or not now. It is very large, so I may have some air issues in it like you did.

Ya, sounds like you are pretty stable to me, of course longer testing with a few programs would be best though.

Once you are sure it is 100% Stable, it should remain that way for a long time. Likely years, or until you update the BIOS, then you would need to re-tweak a little likely.

No need to ever redo the paste really, unless you remove the fan or switch to some other brand of paste (I suggest TX-2)

The main page here has a ton of info, they do reviews on EVERYTHING!

Post back anytime man, I am always here! Yeap, once you get the BIOS setup right things are normally smooth as country gravy!

That's me done bro I swear. If I start messing about with bios's unless I really need to I'll end up in a mess again. Just gonna use the thing and enjoy tomorrow's speeds today! Hi-ho Silvah! awaaaaaaayyyyy :-)

Hey Buddy - I'm back LOL

Just a quickie - just checked the bios etc and I noticed something I dont understand.
    In CPU's I have 4200 mhz with multi of 21.
    However in the bios itself its 20 and 4000 mhz.
    Has something gone wrong or is it that intel turbo pushing past the stated clock speed?

It's good to be back man ! LOL

Intel Turbo mode gives you + 1x multi, if you only want 4Ghz disable turbo or change Bclk to 190

Such a short break you took! : hope everything is going well, sounds like it since you were at 4.2Ghz and didn't even know!

Wink Re: Ex58 cold boot and sleep problems

I see - well I changed the multiplier to 21 and in cpu it's still 4.2 - in theory should it not have gone to 4.4

You don't happen to know what the best fans are for a prolimatech megahalem are do you. I have been reading about static pressure and things
    and apparently for good cooling you need a fan with good static pressure. But surely one with the highest RPM is going to be that?

I'm happy with temps but I think I might want to go for 4.4 soon -

Hows the rockeft fish

What CPU do you have?

Well maybe Scyth's if you can afford them, other than that I'd just use Good ole cheap yates.

Rocketfish is coming along nicely, thanks for asking! I won't be making a build log though because I always have too much to do so no time to always stop and take pics. I will post some up though of the final product when I am done. Got a few things coming in tomorrow, then I will be putting it together. Then only have one more order to make for a few remaining items, then finish it up.

Just had a call from home PC has frozen - better drop back to 20 do you think, bro

I run 21x200 myself, but I am on water.

Ya, maybe you should drop back to 21x190 or 20x200 - (IE: Turbo Disabled)

When you get home, if you want, give me those settings that failed for you and I will advise back. BSOD Code if you got one would help as well.

Should be ok just to go back to 20 like before with turbo enabled.
    Do you think it froze because it dint like 21 with turbo enabled. Perhaps for 4.2 21 X 200 with turbo off?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information