Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex58 cold boot and sleep problems

Default Re: Ex58 cold boot and sleep problems

Hi M8 just posted in the forum where I got the kit and some1 replied saying he had it ages ago but cant remember (hnnng!) but was thinking something about GFX on the PCI frequency, it's a mega big card, maybe it needs extra juice?
    What do you think?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

X58 Does not allow you to adjust this without modding your board, the new X58A will though.

This is not the issue though, this only helps with super high overclocks or when you are trying to squeeze out FPS for a benchmark.

If you think you are having GFX issues you may want to try additional voltages on the ICH Settings and see if that helps any

thanks bro - trying these - ICH I/O = 1.580V (was on auto) & ICH CORE = 1.160V (was 1.140V) - what do you think?

think I might have pinned things down to the overclock I installed furmark which has a stability test in it and within minutes the graphics goofed up and I was presented with this strange screen as mentioned and behaviour.

got my 4.2 settings saved so decided to drop the OC and load optimised defaults. Passed the test without a problem?

So gutted bro - Was so nearly there.......what do you recommend now - nvidia!??? lol

So it fails at 4.2 but passes at 4Ghz right? If so then you just need some additional tweaking, such as maybe more ICH Voltages or a bit more MCH

Which specific test did it fail on anyway? You can run them one at a time if you want if you are unsure. Just wondered if it failed during a GFX Test or a CPU test.

If it failed on a GFX Test, at either clock, you may need to either downclock the GPU a little or increase the above mentioned voltages

Sorry I wasnt clear. It failed GPU test i.e @ 4.2ghz the symptoms occured very quickly. I totally dropped the OC to optimised defaults and re ran the GPU test to find it passed fine.
    Wouldnt mind trying to save this at 4.2 after all your efforts. What Volts shall i try?

More of them all likely, and more ICH Voltages.

If you are unsure or don't want to tinker yourself give me your full settings again and I wll have a look when I get back tonight

ImageShack -

just loaded my perfect 4.2ghz settings so you wont see any recent tweaks to the ICH stuff - thanks bro - fingers crossed!!!

Did you have any luck yet? If not please use a template and give me your settings, this is easier for me to advise changes back to you.

Please also do explain the problem with the settings you are giving

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information