Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vista 64 on EX58-UD5 Problem

Default Re: Vista 64 on EX58-UD5 Problem

@Wazza, when I put just 1 stick in DDR3_1 (first white slot) nothing happens and I get error code CF, which according to the error code list means "Test CMOS R/W functionality".

@LSD, when i make the changes in the BIOS either to the AHCI or the IDE variation the disk drive will; either do nothing and hang at the Verifying DMI Pool on the AHCI setting or Ask if I want to boot from CD and then hang on the IDE setting.
    Last edited by Pdtnvb82; 11-28-2009 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdtnvb82 View Post
    @Wazza, when I put just 1 stick in DDR3_1 (first white slot) nothing happens and I get error code CF, which according to the error code list means "Test CMOS R/W functionality".

@LSD, when i make the changes in the BIOS either to the AHCI or the IDE variation the disk drive will; either do nothing and hang at the Verifying DMI Pool on the AHCI setting or Ask if I want to boot from CD and then hang on the IDE setting.
    try clearing cmos at rear switch,also hold front power button in and turn off pc and turn of at rear of psu all the time holding front power button in...hold in for 20seconds after flicking rear psu switch and try again
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Could be a false positive on the cable error, maybe a bug? Or it could be you have SATA I cables not SATA II, not sure if that would cause a error though?

So it is working now right? Just wondering, if not it could very well be faulty PCB on the drive, can or have you tested it in another PC with this tool yet?

Yes, please try clearing the CMOS and then booting with 3 sticks in the white slots for now, then load optimized and save/apply/reboot back to the BIOS. Then shut down and remove all the ram except the one stick in slot one (White DDR3_1), and see if that will boot.

If it does not, you either have a faulty Slot 1, or you have bent CPU Socket pins. You can't really test DDR3_2 by itself, but you can try 1, 3, 5 loaded and 2, that may or may not work I am not sure. I do know though that you can't boot with memory in the blue slots by themselves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information