Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cleared CMOS...do I need to reinstall Chipset for X58 Extreme? Where is it?

Default Re: Cleared CMOS...do I need to reinstall Chipset for X58 Extreme? Where is it?

Do you mean also to raise the BCLK to 205 then Disable C1E and EIST as per your EasyTune?

Default Re: Cleared CMOS...do I need to reinstall Chipset for X58 Extreme? Where is it?

Also I have a question about my CPU Cooler. I am using the Noctua 12p 1366 on my i7 920 and I am using a Y-connector for the 2 Fans(3-Pin) mounted on the Cooler to the CPU Fan Header(4-Pin) adapter. I have Smart Fan enabled and it is in the Auto setting. Is this the setting you would use for this? There are also choices in Smart Fan such as Voltage and PWN.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes I advise you disable C1E and EIST when overclocking, especially that high.

I do believe using a y connector may mess up smart fan, you may be best to disable this so they run at full speed or set that to voltage and see if it will adjust them or not.

Let me know if you need further help with your settings, if so please post them in full and let me know what you are trying to achieve

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information