Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 will not find os in raid

Default GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 will not find os in raid

Started my new build with the GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5, could not install XP with raid, ahci, and native in bios enabled, did hit f6 and install drivers from floppy, installed with them turned off and still used drivers. Have the system running but need to know how to enable ahci and native mode thanks.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 will not find os in raid

You want to use AHCI correct, or RAID?

XP will require a floppy, and your install disk must be SP1 or greater. Do you have a floppy and the correct disk?

had to install with raid off, xp already running need to get raid to work now.

To make XP run in RAID mode you MUST do a clean install, there is no way around that.

Going to build dual boot with 4 drives, only want raid for Win7 need to find a way to turn it on in bios so XP will boot.

there is no way to do that
    a sugestion mount all 4 drives in raid 0 then Partition the drive in half install windows 7 to Drive C & XP to Drive D

I am Just wounder If you have the retail copy of windows 7 why install XP
    Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Water Cooled
    Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
    2 Gigabyte GTX 480 in SLI
    6 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM in Raid 0
    2 Plextor sata Blu_ray Drives Model PX-B320SA
    Ultra X4 1200 Watt
    Thermaltake Armor+Thermaltake Bigwater 760 IS
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
    Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1 Suround 700 watt
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

If you want Windows 7 RAID and XP not raid you will need to either only use your disks differently than you are thinking.

You could use 3 for RAID 0 for windows 7, and one as Non RAID for XP. You cannot create a RAID from all 4, then use one or any amount of them for NON RAID for XP. It will have to either be a NON RAID Disk, or setup in a different partition or array as RAID as well.

If you already have XP install, to one disk, and want to use the other 3 for RAID you can do that. If that is what you want to do is go into the Integrated Peripherals BIOS page and enable RAID at the top settings (not middle/lower ones), then go into the RAID ROM BIOS by hitting control + I at bootup/IRQ Screen and create a array with 3 of your disks. Be sure you do not choose one with XP on it to be part of the array.

Then anytime you need to boot to XP you would simply go into the BIOS and disable RAID and use F12 boot menu to choose the XP disk to boot to. This is highly dangerous and not suggested really as you can corrupt your RAID array this way if you are not careful.

It would be much safer to use both in RAID, or simply do not use XP. Or if you want/need XP for something install it in Vmware or Virtual PC in your windows 7 install. I do this to help people here, I have Several OS installed in Vmware, that cost $$ though but you can download Virtual PC free from Microsoft.

Thread Information