Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lsdmeasap please: overclocking help

Default Re: Lsdmeasap please: overclocking help

are you at 4ghz now? or have you lost the overclock profile that overclockers.uk put in?didnt it come on a usb stick with the pc?

I'm on stock clocks at the moment waz, no I have no OC profile in there and no USB stick came with the bundle, that would have been handy yes. I've got a dedicated small Corsair USB stick now for flashing BIOS

your ram or the model #

Hi LSD the bundle's 'guaranteed to get 4GHz overclock' (it did with no trouble) system RAM is- (my kit is in my sig now)

OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz

And just FYI, BIOS F9j is fulty and should be soon replaced

Aaagghh! :)

Ah thanks for those BSOD notes error codes, let's hope I won't need them - but anyway I'll get F7 on a USB stick on standby just in case, I think I can simply add F7 to the stick I'm using for flashing

Thanks for the BIOS settings I'll print them out- can I get a printout of BIOS settings somehow do you know please? It was easy to make a note of them from the DOS screen once but there's a few settings in there these days :)

Peter
    Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping 2.66Ghz @ 4.00GHz
    Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Intel X58 Motherboard
    BFG GeForce 285 GTX 195.62 WHQL drivers
    Asus D2X Xonar soundcard
    Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    Corsair HX 1000W
    MSFFB2 native drivers
    TIR5 Final B drivers

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya I saw your memory specs mentioned, but I need the actual model name or the model # so I can look it up.

If you do not need S3 sleep for now, this BIOS F9j will be fine for you until a newer one is ready. No need to go backwards just yet.

Best way to print out the BIOS templates it to copy and paste them into notepad. Then just print on your printer, that is what you meant right?

Hey Evan, sorry i was out . I see the good folks here have got you going. Any good news on the OC ? You will see "enable BLCK control" on the main MIT page . Blck control will be grayed out until you do enable it, you will know it when you see it as it reads 133 at stock.

And yes, you will more than likely need those BSOD error codes when tweaking. EVERYONE does, unless your LSD of course :-)
    i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21) 1.34 vcore 1.33 qpi
    Noctua U12P se1366 Push Pull w/scythe slipstreams
    6GBOCZ1333 @ 1600 - 9 9 9 24 1.64v
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
    Corsair tx750 PSU
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    Intel SSD80GBG2C1 OS/Apps
    WD Caviar Black 500gb Data
    ASUS Xonar DX
    Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
    Windows 7 64bit

Na, don't think I am special Dbee, I use those codes myself often as I am always pushing something harder than it should be, or testing this or that for someone.

But I do know what they are without having to check which is which though, and of course that only comes from seeing them so often

you will more than likely need those BSOD error codes when tweaking. EVERYONE does, unless your LSD of course :)

You can say that again dbee :) Thanks for helping out

Right away I must say lsd that your settings got me up to >4Ghz, running thedesktop for half an hour. Impressive thanks a million

My current settings below and below those, shots of the memory sticks ID, I can't see a known-to-me manufacturer's ID sorry. Below again are general shots of my suck-and-blow-cooling system

I'm not sure if I need to do any more while the rig is stable but any other tweaks you know will be appreciated and many thanks for getting me up at running up here at Dizzy Heights (my new winter retreat with the snow-caps)

My nose is bleeding btw, thanks :)

Peter

Slots 1, 3 and 5 are populated and all have identical specs

Asus D2X Xonar soundcard
    Corsair HX 1000W
    MSFFB2 native drivers
    TIR5 Final B drivers

Sorry I should have said also that I left all memory timings on Auto (until I hear more about the specific sticks specs) and all voltages I left on Optimised settings

Peter
    Asus D2X Xonar soundcard
    Corsair HX 1000W
    MSFFB2 native drivers
    TIR5 Final B drivers

Thanks, ya the model is OCZ3G1600LV2G shown in the SPD tab, also full kit model number is shown on the sticker OCZ3G1600LV6GK
    OCZ Technology | Products | Memory | OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Gold Low-Voltage Triple Channel

Nice to hear you hit the desktop at 4GHz, keep at it and you will get stable! IF you need help with things let us know and give your settings.

Looks tight in there!

Nicely done Evan ! I was just havin a lil fun with ya LSD ... im sure u already knew that lol . Thats a real sweet looking rig u got there evan . Have you run any prime95 or IBT to stress your beast and see where your load temps are at? Noticed your idling around 50c, that is a lil high. 40c would be more reasonable, i idle at 36-40c depending on room temp with my C0 , spec's in my sig. Have you tweaked around alot with your vcore and QPI voltages ? You may be able to push that vcore down a bit and maybe drop a few degrees.

Do a few stress tests and see where your load temps go. Most commonly recommended max temp is 70c under load, Intel spec's are 68c if im not mistaken. I get as high as 75c when stressing with IBT 16 threads - 5 runs , using as much RAM as possible.

I am fine with this as when i game i have never seen anything higher than exactly 61c each and every time in TF2 and 58c in MW2 .

LSD - have you heard anything about a more recent batch of the i7 D0's not being as gold as some of the previous ones? I may very very well be wrong but what i remember is it being a "B" batch manufactured in september. Any idea about this or how true it may be ? Ever see it for yourself or know of anyone who can confirm this ?
    i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21) 1.34 vcore 1.33 qpi
    Noctua U12P se1366 Push Pull w/scythe slipstreams
    6GBOCZ1333 @ 1600 - 9 9 9 24 1.64v
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
    Corsair tx750 PSU
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    Intel SSD80GBG2C1 OS/Apps
    WD Caviar Black 500gb Data
    ASUS Xonar DX
    Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
    Windows 7 64bit

Thanks for the OCZ info lsd, much appreciated

Cheers dbee will keep an eye on temperatures and keep investigating

Peter
    Asus D2X Xonar soundcard
    Corsair HX 1000W
    MSFFB2 native drivers
    TIR5 Final B drivers

Quite high the temperatures with all four cores working hard in a real-physics (Rise of Flight) flight-sim benchmark, and the ambient temperature is cool

You may be able to push that vcore down a bit and maybe drop a few degrees.

Thanks dbee, I'll organise some stress tests next (no instability noticed on current settings) - it's near mid-winter here so summer running will need to be prepared for, will keep your notes in mind

Peter

Asus D2X Xonar soundcard
    Corsair HX 1000W
    MSFFB2 native drivers
    TIR5 Final B drivers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information