Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Accessing RAID locks windows 7

Default Re: Accessing RAID locks windows 7

Ok Raid seems to work fine, atleast for now :)

I did flash my BIOS using Lsds guide and the latest F6e bios from the thread and it did speed up AHCI detection quite a bit :D

Btw I didn't have hitachi drives on my raid, it was 2x Samsung F1 HD753LJ.

I guess we could call this issue with the Raid solved now. Psycho and Lsd, huge thanks!

Next project: Corsair h50 and tuning this baby :)
    I also have a side project with my NAS and mini-itx htpc.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks Lsd. That BIOS with 1.20E will speed up AHCI by a good 3-4 seconds. At the minute you may notice that the first line of text appears followed by a sequence of dots "." ".." "..." etc. This is completely gone in 1.20E, it detects almost instantly. Well worth upgrading to.

Read that QFlash guide carefully and your RAID array will be preserved. I'd make a backup/image of your data just in case though. Everyone can make mistakes.

The H50 is an excellent product! I recommend them to anyone looking to try "Water cooling". It's not truely water cooling in the sense of fittings, rads, pump being seperate and interchangable but at least it cools a tiny bit better than high end air coolers, unlike the other integrated kits out there.

Just finished building a HTPC style rig for my Mother. It'll be her Christmas present.
    • E5400 Dual Core @ 2.7GHz
    • 2x1GB Generic Value RAM (SPD says Kingston... bonus!)
    • Rescued Packard Bell NVidia 630i based board with integrated GeForce 7100 (good HW video acceleration, crap for games ) Integrated sound and sound over HDMI.
    • DLink Wireless g card (a quarter of the price of n, which is pointless on a 10Mbit internet connection, excellent signal too)
    • Western Digital WD6400AAKS Caviar Blue/Caviar SE16 (both exactly the same drive) First Caviar blue in the range to start using the denser 320GB Platters (Fast as FCUK!)
    • Nice cheap black aluminium m-ATX case with carry handle
    • Zalman 500W Heatpipe PSU, Ultra stable 39A on 12V (Modular Cables, almost silent)
    • Stock Intel Cooler and 1x 120mm extraction, coupled with an 80mm silent intake (will upgrade to Noctua fans intake output and in PSU for complete silence.

The whole lot cost 168 because I already had the board and PSU. It's lightning quick. It actually surprised me how quickly it loads XP Home 32bit. Just goes to show that if you choose components carefully you can buid a great HTPC style rig for a good price. You may want a better GPU (I recommend a HD4770/4830 as they game well and have awesome AVIVO HD video features!)

Let us know how you get on with the H50. The fan is changable too. If you fit a Noctua fan you'll get a good temp drop and lower over all noise levels/ operate on max all the time.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

I did flash BIOS before posting my last post :)

My htpc is based around a Zotac Series A ITX board
    ZOTAC - It's time to play! - Motherboards

Works quite well except that it isn't overclockable by much, got it running at ~1,8Ghz instead of 1,6Ghz, well its mostly for streaming movies from the NAS and getting 1080p on my Full HD tv :)

"Unfortunately" I'm getting the h50 in x-mas present from my parents, so I'll have to wait 2 weeks :P

I was hooked after watching this video of the h50 :)
    YouTube - Corsair Hydro Series H50 versus a "High-Performance" CPU cooler

Once again, big thanks for the help!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information