Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: M61PME-S2P, bios, and utilities.

Default M61PME-S2P, bios, and utilities.

I have what is apparently a rare flavor of Gigabyte motherboard, the M61PME-S2P, which was a relatively cheap mobo for my purposes. I have several questions: I have EasyTune6 and the tabs for Tuner and Smart are grayed out - as in I can't access them. Why? I found this to be the case in earlier versions, too. I also have I-Cool B7 and it's stuck on "Gaming, Video Editing" AKA the fastest speed the fan will go. None of the other options work. My BIOS version says F2 dated 12/30/2008. Is there an updated BIOS available, and if so would it offer any additional functionality as in OC'ing? Thanks, Tom

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: M61PME-S2P, bios, and utilities.

Did you try Easytune 5? Version 6 is for newer model boards, and yes this is a older and cheaper model as you know.

Updated BIOSes can be downloaded here, check your models revision before you download.

Rev 1.0 PCB
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-M61PME-S2P (rev. 1.0)

Rev 1.3 PCB (opps, looks like they forgot all about it, or it was never update or made)

So hopefully you have revision 1.0!

Please do read this guide so you safely flash, use Qflash.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

As for your fan speeds, do you have any settings for this in the PC Health section of your BIOS? If not, try the hotkey and look again. On the MAIN Screen of the BIOS press "Control + F1" the screen will flash, then go back into PC Health and look again. If you do not find any settings, then your fans will always run at 100% unless you use PWM Fans.

As for I-Cool and or any other programs that might work for your board, please be sure to grab the latest versions here
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...lity_List.aspx
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-03-2009 at 02:10 PM.

Thread Information