Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-X58A-UD7 - * Official Thread *

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - *Non-Official Thread*

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Yeah its finding the ram. All 6gb. Its just that it doesnt make sence that ram that is supposed to be:
    OCZ DDR3 PC3-16000/ 2000MHz / CAS 9
    Is showing at boot (and in bios) as 1066 cas 7-7-7-16. I obviously dont know how to set anything in the bios so the ram reads properly.

Am I missing something, is it supposed to read as 1066? If thats the case why didnt I save myself $200 and buy 1066 ram?

Like I said, you'll find nothing remotly intelligent re MB/Ram from me. Its depressing
    Like wazza300 wrote keep the ram. It always sets to default and reading posts by now you are running at 1600 right? if not
    Set Uncore frequency to as close to 3200MHz, uncore has to be 2x mem (and on Gigabyte you have exactly 3200MHz).

What OCZ Reply was as(i asume) 1066MHz is default everything above they consider Overclocking, but your ram with proper settings is set to run 24/7 at 1600Mhz and right timings. Follow his instruction from wazza enable ram timings and depends what you want higher speed or lower timings set them manualy.

if you need cooler for OC i have 4 brand new
    -Thermolab Baram CPU Cooler
    -Zalman CNPS9900 LED CPU Cooler - Intel LGA 775, LGA1366, AMD S754/S939/S940, AM2/AM2+, Blue LED, 120mm Fan, 1000-2000rpm, 19.5-38dBA
    -Noctua NH-U12P-SE2 Performance CPU Cooler - 120mm Fan, 92.3m3/h, 19.8dBA, 1300 rpm - LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA775, AM2, AM2+, AM3
    and
    -CoolIT Systems Domino A.L.C CPU Cooler - Intel 775/1366, AMD AM2+, 2900rpm, 21dBA
    Hope this is not against forum rules

Quote Originally Posted by itman064 View Post
    Hey mine fits also. The part is identical to X58 EXTREME one, and yes it does not fit really good but definetly apply some thermalpaste and put it on healps a lot. I can't really see from picture but on your heatpipe end i see strange hook lol so might be really goodto RMA on the other hand 5mm Tweek.
    About Dominators same qoestion. I know on Extreme I had to run them on 1333MHz 12G. Apparently motherboards fault so I am also interested if you have all 12G or is it just 6 runnin on 1600MHz.
    I am now running my Corsair Dominator at 1600MHz.
    I just set the BIOS to use XMP and its been running fine with all 12Gb for 4 Hours now.

Quote Originally Posted by illern View Post
    I am now running my Corsair Dominator at 1600MHz.
    I just set the BIOS to use XMP and its been running fine with all 12Gb for 4 Hours now.

Thats perfect news, might be just XMP or the new Mobo is better then Extreme. Very good news i have been pulling my hair out as i Oc so eazy and high but couldn't run on 12G. 10 yes although even then i was getin blue screen. I am doing all also with CPU cooler so i can install all 6.
    Let us know if you will get any blue screens or not be aible to boot.

i have question,

how many times does it restart when booting with overclocked settings ?
    mine does 4 times ( i heard 4 times sound (relay?) like) until actual post.

Zero it changes scren coupple of times until it detects all drives if you have raid or something like and from that point on boots to OS normaly. It doesn't RESTART at all. I don't know perhaps you are refering to what i have just described as restart...?
    Also just 1 beep

post code recycling several times with click sound and 1 beep then POST

No Post no beep.

Hi,

my brandnew UD7 will not behave.
    It gets power, cpu fan starts and then stops inmediatly. i reseated de cpu and scythe mugen2 cooler. i changed memory combinations with my corsair 1600 cl9 set of 6, even trying with just 1. i took the graphicxs card out.
    error code 8b or 88, whatever.

it didnt make any difference. no beep.
    since the cpu fan stops, i power down de computer inmediately.
    yeah, the power button works.

Anyone any idea?

Broken Mobo?

could you share your spec? maybe you have similar problem, could you boot correctly with default settings?
    Last edited by nyeah; 12-25-2009 at 05:27 AM.

He wrote he tried everything...even with one stick of RAM. If he would not say that my first answer would be its ram settings but, If you tried with one stick and on a default everything, then i would just say unplug the cooler you can do it as its big and with no OC will still do the job and plug in different fan so we will know at least to look for error in system. We will know its not cooler or bad contact, dust...etc. Can you try that first and let us know?

well, that's why i asked him, because all he tried was
    -reseat processor and cooler
    -different combination of ram
    -took vga out

post 88 says reserved system, usually caused by people forget to plug the 8 pin power cable, are yours plugged ?

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information