Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 378

Thread: GA-X58A-UD7 - * Official Thread *




  1. #121

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - *Non-Official Thread*

    The apogee XT will fit on any of the gigabyte X58 boards without any problems. It was only the first few XT's that had an issue with giga motherboards. Swiftech fixed this very quickly.

    Regarding the heatpipe, it is quite large but I've had no probs using it in my system with a water block on the CPU and video card. Here's a link to some pics: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/pics...7-build-36899/
    Rackmounted Liquid Rocks!!!
    i7 920 D0 @ 4.41GHz w/
    Swiftech Apogee XT
    Gigabyte X58A-UD7
    6Gb G.Skill Trident 3 x 2Gb DDR3-2000 9-9-9-24
    2x HD5850 - 1000MHz core, 1250MHz RAM
    w/ EK full cover waterblocks
    Laing D5 vario / EK X-TOP rev. 2
    2x XSPC RX360 rad w/ 6 x Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm
    3 x Seagate 7200.11 160Gb in RAID-0
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb
    Corsair HX-850 Modular PSU
    M-Audio ProFire 2626
    Antec 4U Rackmount Case


  2. #122
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - *Non-Official Thread*

    Quote Originally Posted by R3alsp33dy0ne View Post
    The apogee XT will fit on any of the gigabyte X58 boards without any problems. It was only the first few XT's that had an issue with giga motherboards. Swiftech fixed this very quickly.

    Regarding the heatpipe, it is quite large but I've had no probs using it in my system with a water block on the CPU and video card. Here's a link to some pics: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/pics...7-build-36899/
    Very nice rig you have there.

    I think I will go ahead and order this board. From looking at your pictures, it looks like I will have plenty of room and not have to rebuild my loop.

    Thank you for your response.
    MSI X58 XPower
    i7-950
    Mushkin Radioactive 1600 c6 @1000mhz 6 9 6 24

    XSPC rx360, mcp655, apogee XT, ek multioption res150, scythe 133cfm's
    HD5870
    Corsair AX1200

  3. #123

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - *Non-Official Thread*

    Quote Originally Posted by oc nub View Post
    Very nice rig you have there.

    I think I will go ahead and order this board. From looking at your pictures, it looks like I will have plenty of room and not have to rebuild my loop.

    Thank you for your response.
    Glad to help!
    Rackmounted Liquid Rocks!!!
    i7 920 D0 @ 4.41GHz w/
    Swiftech Apogee XT
    Gigabyte X58A-UD7
    6Gb G.Skill Trident 3 x 2Gb DDR3-2000 9-9-9-24
    2x HD5850 - 1000MHz core, 1250MHz RAM
    w/ EK full cover waterblocks
    Laing D5 vario / EK X-TOP rev. 2
    2x XSPC RX360 rad w/ 6 x Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm
    3 x Seagate 7200.11 160Gb in RAID-0
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1Tb
    Corsair HX-850 Modular PSU
    M-Audio ProFire 2626
    Antec 4U Rackmount Case


  4. #124
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - *Non-Official Thread*

    I ordered this board yesterday, should get it tomorrow. I will hopefully get it installed this weekend and start over clocking. I will post results when I get the hang of this board. Was debating between this and the Classified 760 but decided to go with this UD7 because I have had good results in the past with other Giga boards.
    MSI X58 XPower
    i7-950
    Mushkin Radioactive 1600 c6 @1000mhz 6 9 6 24

    XSPC rx360, mcp655, apogee XT, ek multioption res150, scythe 133cfm's
    HD5870
    Corsair AX1200

  5. #125
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - *Non-Official Thread*

    Got the board installed last night, the hybrid silent heatpipe fit just fine. It wasnt a pita like I thought it would be, also not as large in person and didnt get in the way of anything. I played around with it a few minutes last night, it is harder on mem than the P55. Will have to learn to oc this platform.
    MSI X58 XPower
    i7-950
    Mushkin Radioactive 1600 c6 @1000mhz 6 9 6 24

    XSPC rx360, mcp655, apogee XT, ek multioption res150, scythe 133cfm's
    HD5870
    Corsair AX1200

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ma
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - *Non-Official Thread*

    Quote Originally Posted by oc nub View Post
    Got the board installed last night, the hybrid silent heatpipe fit just fine. It wasnt a pita like I thought it would be, also not as large in person and didnt get in the way of anything. I played around with it a few minutes last night, it is harder on mem than the P55. Will have to learn to oc this platform.
    cool it's a nice board im still playing with mine. 4.2 oc did some pi runs @ 4.3 today memory @ 800mhz 8.8.8.21-1t 1.6v qpi/vtt 1.32.. have a new 920 today to try out 3945A936.
    Gigabyte ep45-ud3p q9550@4037 true 120 black.
    mushkin pc8000 2x2 4g gtx260 216 ocz 700w ps.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - *Non-Official Thread*

    Quote Originally Posted by top game View Post
    cool it's a nice board im still playing with mine. 4.2 oc did some pi runs @ 4.3 today memory @ 800mhz 8.8.8.21-1t 1.6v qpi/vtt 1.32.. have a new 920 today to try out 3945A936.

    I have almost the same batch #3945a939, picked it up at micro center for $199.00, will find out this weekend if it is any good. Please post your results. Good luck with the new chip.
    MSI X58 XPower
    i7-950
    Mushkin Radioactive 1600 c6 @1000mhz 6 9 6 24

    XSPC rx360, mcp655, apogee XT, ek multioption res150, scythe 133cfm's
    HD5870
    Corsair AX1200

  8. #128
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - *Non-Official Thread*

    Well, this is my first try with an x58. A short LinX run, will try lowering vcore a little more.

    MSI X58 XPower
    i7-950
    Mushkin Radioactive 1600 c6 @1000mhz 6 9 6 24

    XSPC rx360, mcp655, apogee XT, ek multioption res150, scythe 133cfm's
    HD5870
    Corsair AX1200

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - *Non-Official Thread*

    My build:

    G.SKILL F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 6GB DDR3 3X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 9-9-9-24 Triple Channel Memory Kit
    Lancool PC-K62 Black ATX Advanced Mid Tower Case
    Western Digital WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1TB
    Gigabyte X58A-UD7
    Seasonic M12D 750W Modular
    Intel Core i7 920 D0
    XFX Radeon HD 4890
    Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus

    3 sticks ram in slots 1,3,5, (white slots)

    continous beep with LED code 68. tried sticks 1 by 1 and it would only boot with ram in any of first two white slots. as soon as a stick goes into slot 5 (3rd white slot) it would beep same error.

    friend has same build as mine and i put my ram in there it boots. put his in mine no boot with beep.

    so i conclude the 3rd white ram slot is defective. this sucks because i have to dismantle everything and bring it back and wait for them to get it in stock.

    i noticed that this board takes quite a while to boot up and go through the POST.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - *Non-Official Thread*

    Quote Originally Posted by monkee View Post
    My build:

    G.SKILL F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 6GB DDR3 3X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 9-9-9-24 Triple Channel Memory Kit
    Lancool PC-K62 Black ATX Advanced Mid Tower Case
    Western Digital WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1TB
    Gigabyte X58A-UD7
    Seasonic M12D 750W Modular
    Intel Core i7 920 D0
    XFX Radeon HD 4890
    Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus

    3 sticks ram in slots 1,3,5, (white slots)

    continous beep with LED code 68. tried sticks 1 by 1 and it would only boot with ram in any of first two white slots. as soon as a stick goes into slot 5 (3rd white slot) it would beep same error.

    friend has same build as mine and i put my ram in there it boots. put his in mine no boot with beep.

    so i conclude the 3rd white ram slot is defective. this sucks because i have to dismantle everything and bring it back and wait for them to get it in stock.

    i noticed that this board takes quite a while to boot up and go through the POST.
    yeah it looks defective i had the same thing happen,just rma it and they will fix it,also what cooler did u use???? as if its too tight it will cause ram problems try loosening it a little
    Last edited by wazza300; 01-02-2010 at 06:50 AM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •