Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-X58A-UD7 - * Official Thread *

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-X58A-UD7 - * Official Thread *

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Congrats Lsd,I saw also on XS.
    What is batch number?
    You are lucky guy,he..he,only missing proper RAM.
    Thanks! Ya, I just need to find some CAS 6/7 2000Mhz memory and I will be set

Q3VG
    Batch:3948A439

I think this might be highest Bclk record on Gigabyte X58 boards? Have you seen any others higher?

I have only see 242 on XS in the Bclk thread, I think that is the highest I have seen on Gigabyte until now.

Reminds me, I need to post my images to that thread as well before I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by jackpl View Post
    really lucky :)

max bclk for my UD7 is................................................ ..........215
    I would say try way more QPI/Vtt, and more ram voltage (Yes I see it is 1.6 spec). More ram voltage will help stabilize the uncore.

You also need to use 103-109+ PCIE Freq, but generally this is not needed until past 220 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by SB420 View Post
    Lucky Git :D

Whoa im envious - Lucky sod :D

Seems you dont need your 965 now *cough cough* ;)
    Thanks, I am glad you like :) HAHA

Ya, I feel very lucky really. And to think this CPU is not that great of a overclocker, under LN2 anyway, wonder how great the others can be?

And yes, I will still use the 965 for testing many things.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-14-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Hi guys, Just put the system in my sig together - all seems fine when I'm in Windows, however when I power up my pc, everything spins up (the debug panel reads 88), then it powers down automatically for around 3-4 secs, then powers back up and proceeds to post normally. Happens each time without fail. Does this happen to anyone else, or have you come across this before? Cheers, Jez
    Intel i7 930 w/ Corsair H50 cooler ... Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 ... Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 2000Mhz 3x2gb ... XFX 5850 Black Edition ... Corsair P128 SSD ... Western Digital SATA3 WD1002FAEX 1TB ... Corsair 1000HX power supply ... Corsair Obsidian 800D case

Quote Originally Posted by jez0 View Post
    Hi guys, Just put the system in my sig together - all seems fine when I'm in Windows, however when I power up my pc, everything spins up (the debug panel reads 88), then it powers down automatically for around 3-4 secs, then powers back up and proceeds to post normally. Happens each time without fail. Does this happen to anyone else, or have you come across this before? Cheers, Jez
    what bios version are you using?? try flashing to latest bios but dont use @bios,read on how to flash bios with q-flash on main page,also try pressing clr cmos button on the rear with pc shut down but still switched on and see if it still does it
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) 8-8-8-24-1t-@1.64v-1.3qpi
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

I had this exact same problem and the fix was rather random (in my case anyway) are you by chance using any wireless devices, keyboard, mouse etc?

thanks warren, i'll update from F5 to F6 now and let you know how it goes. sb420 - yep, i'm currently using a razer mamba wireless mouse. back soon
    Intel i7 930 w/ Corsair H50 cooler ... Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 ... Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 2000Mhz 3x2gb ... XFX 5850 Black Edition ... Corsair P128 SSD ... Western Digital SATA3 WD1002FAEX 1TB ... Corsair 1000HX power supply ... Corsair Obsidian 800D case

Just to let you know if i have mouse and keyboard support disabled ill always get the warning. Is yours enabled?

Nah still not solved - I updated to F6 successfully, and cleared all my values as per the qflash instructions in this forum, but still getting the on/off/on (occasionally (on/off/on/off/on, see issue 2 below). i'm now seeing a couple other things... ** Issue 1 ** I purchased a WD FAEX sata 3 1tb drive and connected it up to one of the the sata 3 ports - windows 7 recognised it, but the system hangs when i try to format the drive. In the bios, the gsata controller for 6/7 was set to ahci, and i've now swapped it to ide, which has now allowed me to format the drive. However I'm not sure it's now running as a sata3 drive. Via hd tune, i'm getting max speeds of 134mb/s, and burst of 146mb/s. Is my drive properly set up as sata 3, and should i leave the the gsata3 6/7 on ide in the bios? ** Issue 2 ** I occasionally get a message when i boot up that due to oc'ing, or voltage changes, my bios values are now different to what the hw might be running at. Problem is, i'm not overclocking (performace profile is set at 'standard'), and my ram is set to auto via xmp 'profile1' (sets it at 2000mhz). Any help would be most appreciated :) Cheers, Jez PS. how do i add line breaks?
    Last edited by jez0; 04-19-2010 at 03:40 PM.

The drive will be SATA3 if it is plugged into those ports. Not sure which is faster though, Marvell or the Microsoft drivers (IE no Marvell driver installed), you'd have to test.

The warning you are seeing means you do not have proper settings set, overclocking or not, the settings are failing. XMP is not suggested, and you can run your ram at 2000Mhz for 24/7 use anyway, so this is probably a huge part of the problem. Even to run your memory at 2000Mhz for short periods or benching you need to set many things in the BIOS manually which it sounds like you are not.

Get a template from my signature and give me your current settings, then I will advise back. Let me know what speed you would like to run your memory, 2000Mhz is not possible for daily use so keep that in mind.

Hi,

Did you try enabling EuP support and Keyboard and Mouse? I know it sounds random but it was doing this that got rid of the oc warning on my system. Also you say your not oc'ing but if your ram is set to extreme memory profile then its overclocked. It would be better to do the ram manually but if your not oc'ing the rest of the system not sure how much that would help.

Its up to you if you run IDE/AHCI - though if Windows was installed in IDE mode you'll need to make a regedit to be able to make and apply the changes. let me know if you need the edit.

Edit: Never mind....the reply was made as i was typing mine :)

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread Information