Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Logitech wireless keyboard issue with EX58-UD3R

flyfisher is offline Member

Default Logitech wireless keyboard issue with EX58-UD3R

I am having a small issue with my EX58-UD3R rev. 1.6. I use a Logitech wireless USB keyboard/mouse combo. I have enabled USB support in the BIOS (FD8). When it boots, I can go into the BIOS and use the keyboard no problem. But if I press F12 to choose a boot device, or use Q-Flash, when I get to the screen to select a device the keyboard does not work. If I unplug the USB connector and plug it back in the keyboard works. If I use a PS/2 adapter it works fine. Is this is a BIOS incompatibility? It did the same thing on FD7. I can just use the PS/2 adapter but I would like the USB to work properly. Also, I can't find a setting to enable NumLock in the BIOS.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Logitech wireless keyboard issue with EX58-UD3R

I will send in a report on this, as I am sending in one shortly about Microsoft keyboards doing the same.

Yes, it is a BIOS issues, you will have to use an adapter until they correct it. Can you please tell me the model of your keyboard?

Num lock is controlled by your OS, once enabled and shut down it should stay on in the OS as well as the BIOS.

Thanks for the reply. I always thought that NumLock was controlled by the BIOS, but apparently that is just during bootup. I found Microsoft articles describing how to enable it in the OS How to Set the NUM LOCK State at Logon in Windows XP and How do I enable the NUM LOCK key for the logon screen?

I used the method of editing the registry described in KB154529 and it works. I hope they can fix the USB issue. Thanks again.

CaneMan is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisher View Post
    I am having a small issue with my EX58-UD3R rev. 1.6. I use a Logitech wireless USB keyboard/mouse combo. I have enabled USB support in the BIOS (FD8). When it boots, I can go into the BIOS and use the keyboard no problem. But if I press F12 to choose a boot device, or use Q-Flash, when I get to the screen to select a device the keyboard does not work. If I unplug the USB connector and plug it back in the keyboard works. If I use a PS/2 adapter it works fine. Is this is a BIOS incompatibility? It did the same thing on FD7. I can just use the PS/2 adapter but I would like the USB to work properly. Also, I can't find a setting to enable NumLock in the BIOS.
    I am using the Logitech LX710 Combo and do not have a problem. Have you tried to see if there is a Firmware update for the mini receiver?

Thanks for posting CaneMan, maybe he does need updated drivers.

Unfortunately there is no firmware update for this item. The latest drivers are from 2004. Drivers shouldn't matter since they are not loaded yet when the problem occurs. Hmm didn't realize I've had this that long, maybe it's time for a new keyboard/mouse. Thanks for the replies!

Ya, very well could be the age of the item. Do keep in mind when looking for new keyboards or mice that if you want for sure compatibility that you pick out a PS/2 type

Thread Information