Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-MA785GMT-UD2H ATX Connector

Default GA-MA785GMT-UD2H ATX Connector

Please can someone confirm I am not losing it!! Is not the orientation of the 24-pin ATX Connector on the [IMG]file:///D:/DOCUME%7E1/PAULST%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG] GA-MA785GMT-UD2H shown upside-down on page 24 in the manual?

Default Re: GA-MA785GMT-UD2H ATX Connector

Quote Originally Posted by Proxime Accessit View Post
    Please can someone confirm I am not losing it!! Is not the orientation of the 24-pin ATX Connector on the [IMG]file:///D:/DOCUME%7E1/PAULST%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG] GA-MA785GMT-UD2H shown upside-down on page 24 in the manual?

It's in reverse or it's a diagram of the male plug, not the female socket.

BTW, you can't link directly to pictures on your computer. You have to upload them to a service like tinypic.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Anyway, no matter how you look at the plug or manual, the cable will ONLY plug in one way into your motherboard. So no need to get confused about it all, just plug it in.

There should be a small latch on the outside edge of the molex, this would latch onto the matching latch side of the motherboards molex. It won't go in wrong so you have nothing to worry about

Many thanks for your help. I guessed this was the way to do it but..... better to be safe.

Sorry about the misguided link to an image; I'm not sure how I managed to do this. I was just trying to do a straight-forward reference to a page in the manual.

Thanks again.

No problem about the image, it could happen to the best of us :)

So all is good then, cable connected now and system up and running?

Yes, I'm happy, and somewhat surprised knowing my own ability to hit whatever horrors are lurking around, that it all worked first time I switched on. No problems dealing with the very little that needed to be done with the BIOS settings and XP installed without a hitch.
    Your assistance is much appreciated..

Don't be so hard on yourself, you might jinx your next project.

Glad to heat all is working great, post back anytime if you need further help with anything!

Thread Information