Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Extreme Mobo Q

Default Extreme Mobo Q

I have a the x58 extreme M/B i never really took notice of it and havent really had any issues but on easytune the system temp is around 40-45 idle in a/c room @ 23 Degrees and my cpu is 26 degree.

when loaded they system get upto 60-65degree at worst, but cpu is 36 degrees upon hours on hours of game play.
    i7 920 @ 3.2ghz

what i would like to know is this normal, and what is the max before system starts to throttle?

it is very hard for me to get heaps of airflow into my pc as my 3 x gtx280 create 79, 72, 77 degrees heat fans at 100% once windows starts

Default Re: Extreme Mobo Q

system temp sensor is the southbridge, just under the graphics card so that's why it reports high temps.

okies wasnt too sure... just seemed a bit high, but not much i really can do tho is there...??

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I have always thought this was in the PCB located near the NB, what makes you think different Auqax?

Either way that temp is acceptable, but you may want to get some more airflow through your case. Are you using the hybrid heatpipe? What is your MCH temps?

Air flow is very hard right behind the front fan I have the hdd's (5 of them) then theres about 3-4finger space then the fron of the video cards start,to add to this then power cables just for the video cards sit there, i have the watercooling on chipset and cpu my case is a ThermalTake V9
    the MCH temp is like 50-55.

i try my system last night with no a/c in my room on easytune the system temp didnt pass 60 (was playing l4d 2 for about 3-4 hours).

I prob need a bigger casesumthing that pushes a lot of air through it, any suggestions?

Thread Information