Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easytune6 crashes during installation

Default Re: Easytune6 crashes during installation

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    That is a official BIOS so it would not be modified.

File a report, and I will test this myself tonight on my system and see if I get the same error. Sometimes a BIOS is incompatible with easytune, but they have been keeping up with this lately. I will check it out and let you know what I find in my tests
    Did you check if it was installable on your system?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Sorry for taking so long, had to leave town unexpectedly last night.

Yes, I tested for you just now and it works just fine >>

I do see they did not finish creating the installer correctly
    See the "SDfinishedRebootExample" that should have been removed during the final stages of creating the install image, but no biggie to the actual install process just a cosmetic error on their part.

I am not sure what is causing the issue for you? I do know that specific error users receive with older installers on new BIOS files or visa versa.

Are you using optimized defaults as a starting point? You didn't flash with @BIOS did you?

What you can try is flashing from DOS with FlashSPI and use the following switches in the command line:
    flashspi biosfilename.fxx /c /d /e /r

If that does not help, please reboot again and on startup where you normally hit "Del" to enter the BIOS please press "ALT + F12" instead and it will flash the backup BIOS with your current BIOS. Maybe this is part of the issue?

I did not flash with @bios, i flashed with the built in hardware flasher (qflash). So i tried your suggestions, flashing through DOS and flashing the backup bios, but neither changed anything for me. Yes, I did use Optimized Defaults as the settings when i flashed, and i even used them when i tried to install Easytune, but it didnt change anything. Then I had a look at the Details tab of my easytune installer. Apparently its not the same version as your installer! Ive downloaded mine from gigabytes site, I've even tried downloading from various locations (europe, europe (russia), asia etc.), but all of them had the same version number. Can you upload your installer to some fileupload site?

edit:nevermind, im actually mentally handicapped. Its the same version. It just doesnt work on my system for some reason
    Last edited by wims; 12-21-2009 at 08:25 AM.

ed1 is offline Member

Just as an aside, I also have had difficulty with Easy Tune 6. It seemed to install OK, but could not open, giving an error message about not being able to load a required driver. I haven't been able to use it at all.

UD7 and Win 7 64-bit. Latest version (as of 2 days ago) of ET6 from Gigabyte's web site.

Quote Originally Posted by ed1 View Post
    Just as an aside, I also have had difficulty with Easy Tune 6. It seemed to install OK, but could not open, giving an error message about not being able to load a required driver. I haven't been able to use it at all.
    Same problem here with same error message...
    GA-EX58-UD5 > Win 7(64) Pro > f9m bios > latest chipset drivers

try running it as administrator or in win xp service pack 3 mode if first thing doesnt work
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried in all options of 'Compatability Mode' and as Administrator with no difference.
    Downloaded and reinstalled ET6 and chipset drivers.... same problem.

I too have exactly the same problem with easytune6 installing but not running.

I started a new thread yesterday entitled:

" Easytune6 + EX58-UD5 + Win 7 Pro (64 bit)"

as a thought this one was about easytune6 crashing during installation.

This is a common problem and should not be blamed on third party programs, BIOS'es needing to be updated or whatever. There is no reason the installer should crash that way, other than errors in the program's code.

I get the exact same error message here - "DLL function call crashed: CheckFK.SearchBIOSStr" - when trying to install both the version of Easy Tune 6 which came with the motherboard and the latest version available from Gigabyte (build 9.1120.1), after a clean install of XP Pro SP3 on a GA-M720-US3 motherboard with a Phenom II X4 810 CPU and a GeForce GTX 260 c216 video card.

I tried contacting Gigabyte's support but that has become more and more useless over the years. They said it worked on their machine (oh, really?) and asked me to reinstall the OS (which I had just done). Then they blamed the problem on third party programs that might be installed on the system (there were none, just the latest drivers for every hardware component).

What is really a shame about this issue is that the error message is quite clear and should make it considerably easier for the programmers to find the error in their code, since the program obviously has issues which need to be looked into. After giving up on Gigabyte's support, I installed RivaTuner, MSI's Afterburner, eVGA's Precision, NVIDIA's own nTune and a few other overclocking utilities with no issues whatsoever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information