Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EX58-UD5 which BIOS version and why?

Default EX58-UD5 which BIOS version and why?

Hi

Slightly idiot question but where can you read the notes about improvements/fixes made with each BIOS version? Without knowing this how can you gauge whether it is worth the risk or even if it is essential to flash your BIOS?

I note that the latest official beta BIOS from Gigabyte for the EX58-UD5 is F9e GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EX58-UD5 (rev. 1.0)

In this forum however F9k and F9n versions are posted for downloading. Does anyone know what Gigabyte webpage these originated from before they were posted on fileden?

Just want to be sure the source of these extra BIOSes are legit and if so would like to know more about what they are designed to improve/fix. There are no additional info files in the zip files that contain the BIOSes from fileden

<!-- / message --><!-- edit note --><HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1; COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1 itxtvisited="1">

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EX58-UD5 which BIOS version and why?

I replied to your thoughts on this here
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...tml#post337343

There is no risk as long as you flash safely, I flash 10 or more times a week testing various things and even flash incorrect BIOSes into board and backup BIOS chips. Just use Qflash and you can flash all you like >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

I suggest the latest F9k for UD5, just was using it myself today in a UD4P and it works fine

OK Lsd,

Thanks for the prompt reply and soz for the double post but the Gigabyte BIOS thread is very long and has wandered into lots of other areas not directly related to new BIOS versions so thought I would re-post.

One problem for me the JZ link you kindly provided .... its all in German, which unfortunately I do not read or speak well.

Some of the comments you can guess the meaning of but would rather not so can anyone translate the following info which I think are the changes incorporated in F9k, assuming later BIOS versions incorporate the fixes in their predecessors, can anyone translate into English?

New TestBeta F9k vom 03.12.09

Info: Erfolgreich geflasht... mir ist z.Z. nichts negatives aufgefallen...
    Info: Standard RAID Rom Version 8.0.0.1039
    Info: Flash BackupBIOS über Alt+F12 verbessert
    Info: Fix Multi Gulftown

There are no notes on the latest F9n on the site, I guess it is too new

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

It's ok, I really just linked you so you would know your other post did get a reply

Yes JZ site is all in german, and the way it is made I can't directly link to other areas of the site, looks like you found what you needed though.

Yes, changes in older BIOS will still be in new ones, unless they were for a test or caused issues.

F9n may be only available here, so that could be why JZ does not have a change log up, or he has not tested it yet and posted it.

Translation for you

Info: Erfolgreich geflasht... mir ist z.Z. nichts negatives aufgefallen... << Successful flash, nothing negative found
    Info: Standard RAID Rom Version 8.0.0.1039 << New RAID ROM
    Info: Flash BackupBIOS über Alt+F12 verbessert << Improved backup BIOS flashing Via ALT+F12
    Info: Fix Multi Gulftown << Fixed Gulftown CPU multi issues from Previous BIOS versions

I suggest you flash to F9n and get to tweaking

Thread Information