Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: EasyTune 6 doesn't open

Default Re: EasyTune 6 doesn't open

Same problem with P55A UD5 gigabyte with a EAH5750 ...

You're lucky that the program is at least installing. Lots of people are getting the same error message I'm getting here - "DLL function call crashed: CheckFK.SearchBIOSStr" - when trying to install both the version of Easy Tune 6 which came with the motherboard and the latest version available from Gigabyte (build 9.1120.1), after a clean install of XP Pro SP3 on a GA-M720-US3 motherboard with a Phenom II X4 810 CPU and a GeForce GTX 260 c216 video card.

I tried contacting Gigabyte's support but that has become more and more useless over the years. They said it worked on their machine (oh, really?) and asked me to reinstall the OS (which I had just done). Then they blamed the problem on third party programs that might be installed on the system (there were none, just the latest drivers for every hardware component).

What is really a shame about this issue is that the error message is quite clear and should make it considerably easier for the programmers to find the error in their code, since the program obviously has issues which need to be looked into. After giving up on Gigabyte's support, I installed RivaTuner, MSI's Afterburner, eVGA's Precision, NVIDIA's own nTune and a few other overclocking utilities with no issues whatsoever.

ed1 is offline Member

Default New EasyTune 6 version posted today

Has anyone tried the new version of EasyTune6 posted on the Gigabyte site today?

I am wondering if it fixes the fails-to-start problem.

Default Re: New EasyTune 6 version posted today

Quote Originally Posted by ed1 View Post
    Has anyone tried the new version of EasyTune6 posted on the Gigabyte site today?

I am wondering if it fixes the fails-to-start problem.
    Thanks for informing about the new version.

I downloaded the new build 10.0105.1 and couldn't install it either - the installer crashes with the same error mesage as the previous versions - "DLL function call crashed: CheckFK.SearchBIOSStr".

This was my last motherboard ever from Gigabyte (I've been buying almost exclusively from them for the last 8 years). If they cannot fix their own utility not installing or starting, I wonder what disasters might be lurking in BIOS'es, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ed1 View Post
    I just went to the Windows features menu, turned on a couple of .net 3.5.1 subfeatures (http and non-http communications) and reinstalled ET6.

Same error message window opens: "Could not load the device driver." That's all it says.

I am wondering if the problem is in any way related to my system having Windows 7 64-bit on an SSD drive.
    I had that message, when i wanted to start it again. it was in autostart, but only as a tray icon visible, which windows 7 hid. So i didnt saw it.

ed1 is offline Member

Default Re: New EasyTune 6 version posted today

Quote Originally Posted by Ephebus View Post
    This was my last motherboard ever from Gigabyte (I've been buying almost exclusively from them for the last 8 years). If they cannot fix their own utility not installing or starting, I wonder what disasters might be lurking in BIOS'es, etc.
    Ephebus, I am on my third Gigabyte board. (I haven't ever used any other brand.) I agree it is frustrating that EasyTune has problems, but it is certainly not a critical program. As pointed out by others, there are quite a few freely available programs that duplicate its functions and work well.

While I am not an expert tech, I think Gigabyte boards are very well made and excellent performers. I would certainly not discard an entire brand of board just because of a problem with a non-critical utility program.

There are plenty of other monitoring programs and overclocking should be done at the bios level anyway.

Same issues here today after doing 3 clean installs of X86 and X64 Win 7, and downloading ET6 from Gigabyte or installing from disc. Made no difference at all, using EAH5870 ASUS card. Installed onto Intel SSD for OS barebones.

Downloaded latest version from link and made sure all items showed in taskbar. Despite error about driver, it does open from taskbar and run, did a quick check of all functions. Will OC thru BIOS though anyway, just wanted to see how it worked.

Same problem. Unable to load driver.
    X58A-UD3R F4 bios / Win7 64 & HD5870.
    ET6 B10.0130.1

I'm using win 7 64 bit and haven't experience any problem, well when I double click the ET6 it will won't load up as the usual application but you can see on the list of running in the background on the task bar the ET6 icon right click on that and then select show up... and main screen will show up

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information