Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: help with ram freq and timings

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: help with ram freq and timings

Quote Originally Posted by 2002z06 View Post
    what is xmp
    Extreme Memory Profile amongst other things.

hi i read your post when i came back home at night and tryed to do that.but i forgot to set Uncore multi to 28 QPI to ~1.3-1.4.and start the bip sound...nevermind.i am trully happy with the 1600.i set the ram volt at 1.56 and works fine until now. so i am thinking to keep those settings until i want to play a game with high specifications.
    btw what is the H/W down right at the mobo?? sometimes gives 75 and FF what's that?

flyfisher is offline Member

That is an LED post code indicator. Your manual will tell you what the various symbols mean. Memory at 1600 is plenty, if you want more performance for games you can overclock the CPU, 3.6 -3.8 GHz should be fairly easy.

i did search the manual twice but found nothing..i search at google too..i'll try again.

ok i found it. :)
    now at 1600 should i leave it there??what about the lifetime of the mobo and ram?and if i try to hit timing like 7 7 7 16 should i change the uncore and QPI too?i am thinking to install the easytune.maybe i can do those thing with this.

ok i found it in the manual..btw i install the easytune and i saw that when i load the system cpu clock indicates at clocks /cpu 34134.93 mhz...and the QOI LInk 33900 without do something...why is that happening?
    Last edited by chuckkkkkkkk; 12-26-2009 at 09:45 PM.

what the memory freq have to do with the cpu volt and temp?i noticed that from the time i set freq to 1600 one led from north br from off became green and from cpu 2 led are yellow...(they are 5 leds.3 from the left and 2 from the right.the open ones are the 2 left from down to up).these 5 leds are for cpu voltage and temp.that means that volt or temp or both of them are up.acording to manual yellow led for temp means temp between 61~80.little help with that cause i need some support till i know that mobo.
    i do whatever i can to speak clear cause my english are too bad.and sorry if i became annoying :)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckkkkkkkk View Post
    ok i found it in the manual..btw i install the easytune and i saw that when i load the system cpu clock indicates at clocks /cpu 34134.93 mhz...and the QOI LInk 33900 without do something...why is that happening?
    Those numbers make no sense, can you post a screenshot?
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckkkkkkkk View Post
    what the memory freq have to do with the cpu volt and temp?
    Stock memory frequency on X58 chipset is 1066MHz. Anything higher is an overclock. and since the memory controller is on the CPU, if CPU and QPI voltages are on auto, BIOS will adjust them to what it think it needs to be. Try setting both to "normal" and see if the LED's go out. BTW your English is fine.

i was searching for some info by my self and understand some things.i uninstall the easytune cause of that(those numbers).i install the energy saver.btw i couldn't open the one at the site B9.0904.1 advanced.it said something like update the des from the gb site..i did it but continue say the same..so i download the one from the forum b9.1105.1 .
    i don't know which one is better.should i have this program online all the time or when i go for sleep or out?
    and about the 1600 timing and the oc thing is ok to keep from now on the system at this stage?or it will short the lifetime of the hardware?
    Last edited by chuckkkkkkkk; 12-27-2009 at 05:56 AM.

I never cared for EasyTune myself, and I don't install it. DES is dynamic energy saver, which is supposed to shut down power phases on the motherboard when it doesn't need them. I don't use it either. If you want to save power, just enable EIST and C1E in the BIOS to lower the voltage and multiplier when the computer does not require maximum processing power. No worries, your hardware will last a long time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information