Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P55M-UD2 rev. 1.0 won't boot/POST

Default P55M-UD2 rev. 1.0 won't boot/POST

Hi all,

I just finished a build with a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 motherboard with an Intel core i7 860 (1156 socket) and Kingston 1333Mhz RAM (nothing special). For cooling the CPU an Intel boxed cooler is used. Using a Cooler Master Slient Pro 600W PSU.

Now the problem...

When the computer boots, the motherboard speaker gives a continuous short error beeps, wich if I correctly understand means that there's a 'Power Error'. I can't find what went wrong, because all fans (including PSU fan) are working from the very beginning.

Can someone please help me quick!!!

Kind regards,

killman
    Last edited by killman; 12-29-2009 at 06:25 PM.

Default Re: P55M-UD2 rev. 1.0 won't boot/POST

try install minimum hardware on it. such as cpu, cpu fan, memory on socket 1&3, PCIE grpahics card. make sure your cpu fan fasten well and check if you graphics card need extra power.

Default Re: P55M-UD2 rev. 1.0 won't boot/POST

Hi guys,

Sorry for my late reply, but I found the solution. I didn't put the RAM modules in the right socket (1,3). I thought socket 1 and 3 where the first and thrid of all four sockets, but actually this where the second slot (socket 1) and the fourth slot (3). Now everything is running perfect!

Kind regards,

killman

Thread Information