Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help! configuring 998691 6GB on GA-X58A-UD7

Default Re: Help! configuring 998691 6GB on GA-X58A-UD7

Hi Guys, I have a DDRIII 6GB (3x2GB) Team memory which is supposed to run at 2000Mhz - what happens though is it runs at 1066Mhz (similar problem to joli)

I have the same Gigabyte top of the line (for now) Motherboard...

anyway, I contacted Gigabyte & they were completely useless... I don't think they know the problem exists :/

Here is the tech support ticket I placed into their system...

Just so you know, I am a professional system builder, I do this kind of work every day for the last 5 years.

ME:
    As a fore warning, this question is in regards to the GA-EX58-UD7 (This model was not found under the models list in the help system, so I used the GA-EX58-EXTREME).
    The RAM I am using should have a 2000Mhz bus speed under 1.65 Volts. The RAM is a triple channel kit from Team memory & is 3 x 2 Gb.

When the Motherboard boots I get the RAM clocked at 1066Mhz. When running boot "memory test 86+" the ram test is successful. I then went into BIOS to apply "profile 1" under the extreme memory settings in M.I.T. - the RAM voltage was increased to 1.65v automatically by the Motherboard & registered a clock speed of 2002Mhz. The machine reboots fine, when testing with "memory test 86+" I found the test to fail once it started to use the upper memory sections. I switched around the ram, all seems to be the same.

I then tested each ram stick in slot DDR3_1 under profile 1 (1.65v, 2002Mhz) & each ram stick passed the "memory test 86+" (all 3 sticks).

I then tried using slot DDR3_6 all ram sticks failed (all 3).

Is this a BIOS problem, or is it a Motherboard fault (DOA?)

I can run my PC in 1066Mhz stable at the moment, but not 2000Mhz (which is what should be normal, without over clocking...)

Thank you for your time.

I would also like to add, the motherboard has a 2 character LED display to show error codes in regards to boot progress during start up. I can't seem to find a reference to the displays output in the product manual.

The product manual does have a POST Error Code list, but this is for 3 character outputs (usually found on the computer screen output... But I'd like to be able to have a 2 character reference for the motherboard LED display.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model Name : GA-EX58-EXTREME
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : rev. 1.0
    BIOS Ver : F2
    Serial No. :
    Purchase Dealer :
    C/tick Number :
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VGA Brand : XFX Model : GTX 260 core edition
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : i7 920 Bloomfield Speed : 2.66Ghz
    Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP : OEM
    Memory Brand : Team Memory Type : DDR III
    Memory Size : 3 x 2 Gb Speed : 2000Mhz
    Power Supply : 850 W
    GIGABYTE:
    Thank you for your kind mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, we are sorry we do not have motherboard product of GA-EX58-UD7 but GA-X58A-UD7.

First, please kindly make sure the model name of the motherboard, so we can provide proper suggestiong for it. To check model name:
    Model name: http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw/eService...rd_pcb_ver.htm
    M/B Rev: http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw/eService...d_pcb_ver1.htm
    BIOS Ver: http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw/eService...d_bios_ver.htm

You may also check the first page of user's manual. You can see model name of the motherboard there as well.

However, if the text printed on motherboard is GA-EX58-UD7, please kindly provide pictures of above information for our reference. Sorry for the inconvenience.

On the other hand, about the POST Error Code list in manual, the third letter "h" represents to hexadecimal. Please refer to other two characters for Error Code.

If you still have any further suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you ASAP.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
    ME:
    My apologies, the Motherboard is GA-X58A-UD7.

BIOS version I've tried both F2 & F3G

Thanks for the clarification on the codes. I didn't see anywhere in the manual on how to interpret the information.

Now to my memory problem.
    GIGABYTE:

Thank you for your kind mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned,the POST Error Code is helpful for hardware developers who connect specific devices onto system. You can adding/removing your devices and observe the POST proecess.

Second, because there are too many kinds of memory modules available in the retail market, it is very difficult to test all of the modules with our MB products. Thus, we provide memory test report of this MB on our website for your reference.

Please kindly check the file via following URL for more information about memory compatibility of this MB later: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/...a-x58a-ud7.pdf

By refering to the QVL, please kindly get help from your supplier and try other memory moduels with the motherboard, to determine if there is hardware issue of it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you still have any further suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you ASAP.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
    ME:
    My memory is not in the PDF list you provided.

I have told you it is a 2Gb 2000Mhz team memory.

The motherboard does not run the memory at 2000Mhz by default.

Tell me why this is.

Please answer my question, I am getting angy.
    GIGABYTE:
    Thank you for your kind mail again. We are sorry we do not have the same memory module as yours. Therefore, to try other memory modules on our QVL with your system will able to determine if there is hardware issue of the motherboard.

On the other hand, you can also enter "BIOS\ MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)", to adjust settings in "Advanced DRAM Features" one by one. To find out the best settings for the memory module with the motherboard, Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
    ME:
    I'm not overclocking my computer, each memory module was tested & works fine. There is something wrong with the motherboard BIOS.

I should not need to overclock my memory, it should work out of box.

Can you please raise this issue & fix it in the next BIOS or tell me my Motherboard is faulty or tell me your top of the line motherboard is crap.

Please do not try & waste my time any further.
    GIGABYTE:
    Thank you for your kind mail again. Because there are too many kinds of memory modules available in the retail market, it is possible, some of them require manually BIOS settings to work.

However, here we attached the f3i beta version BIOS for the motherboard. You should be able to update it and try again later. After bios updating, please do not forget to load BIOS fail-safe default setting.

Please note that this beta BIOS is still under testing and not approved by our standard test procedure. Thus, in some system might cause other system unknown problem and we will not gurantee there will not be any side-effect after BIOS updating with this beta version BIOS.

For more information about BIOS upgrading, please kindly refer to motherboard user manual or please click HERE.

Unfortunately, if the Team Memory still not able to work by default profile, it is suggested to change to memory modules listed on our "memory support list" for your GA-X58A-UD7. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
    If anyone wants the BIOS Gigabyte gave me here's a link.

I can tell you it does not fix the ram issues though :/

BIOS VERSION IS BETA F3i

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    mb_bios_ga-x58a-ud7_f3i.zip
    Last edited by insinc; 01-14-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Added bios version

insinc,it wont work at 2000mhz unless you raise your memory multiplier to raise the memory speed,all memory works at standard 1066mhz unless you go in the bios and raise mem multi
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New BIOS is available, F3K Beta, anyone tested it yet?

Link HERE

Hey Wazza3000, In terms of memory multiplier, I've never had to manually increase a multiplier of a ram if I wanted it to run at the clock speed it was intended to run. The thing is, I shouldn't need to change these setting & go through lots of trial & error o.o

Anyway, so you suggest that I -only- need to change the multiplier? because past posts are talking about QPI & voltage & the CPU clock & all these confusing things & all I want is the ram to run at the speed I purchased it to run at

first try update bios (F3k 2010/01/12 Beta BIOS
    Improve memory compatibility ) then set the ram setting , and the rest of all voltages

Default hi it's looks interesting

SEO in your HANDS now you rule the world.

ed1 is offline Member

I am running F3k bios on a moderately OC'd (3.15mhz) i920 on a UD7 board with Mushkin 998692 RAM (1500mhz @ 6-7-6-18-1 on 1.62v) without any problems.

insinc, as far as I know your RAM may be rated at 2000mhz but only if the maximum safe 1.65v DRAM voltage is applied. It, like all DDR3, will likely run at only 1066mhz on 1.50v without any voltage and/or multiplier adjustments. I don't think any EX58 or EX58A board will run DDR3 above 1066mhz unless you adjust the stock 133 bclk or the stock 8 RAM multiplier or the stock 1.5v DRAM voltage.
    Last edited by ed1; 01-18-2010 at 08:15 PM.

I've got the same problem. im running x58a-ud7 motherboard with a core i7 950 cpu and 6gb of corsair dominator GT 2000mhz ram. no matter how much i fiddle with multipliers, voltages, timing etc i cant gain a stable setup at 2000mhz.

i enable XMP on a cmos cleared bios but my pc fails before loading bios with a motherboard diagnostic code of "C1". the highest stable speed i can run at is 1800-1866.

anyone tried the new beta bios which supposedly fixes memory compatability?

i want to use it myself but im a bit cautious about 'beta' bios =/

ed1 is offline Member

orange69, I am using the current F3m beta bios without problems. I'm not running RAM at 2000mhz though.

I have been using all of the UD7 beta bioses as soon as they are out. No problems with any of them.

The bios updates are available from the sticky post on this forum even before they are posted on the main Gigabyte web page for the UD7.

just a general guide to set up your ram,set mem multi to give you your rams speed,set ram voltage to 1.66 set qpi voltage to 1.30000 set system performance enhance to standard,put cpu voltage on normal setting(1.18750)v...and manually input your ram timings ie-8-8-8-24-1T
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information