Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Ga-ep43-ud3l

Default Ga-ep43-ud3l

Looking for some help with a new build I've been messing with the last week.

Intel E8500
    Gigabyte EP43-UD3L
    Corsair XMS2 4GB C5 PC6400
    HIS 4670
    OCZ 400 watts
    WD 640GB

I've had some issues with a different board. The E8500 is used, all the rest is brand new.

So I build this up outside of the box and it's all double checked and good to go. I grab a used Acer W223X monitor and hook up a vga cable to it from the HIS4670. I turn on the psu and the case power and there is the Gigabyte splash screen on the monitor and then it's gone and I get a "no signal" and then I see the splash screen again and then the "no signal".

I have tried just one stick of ram, cpu ram and video card only, I have swapped in a 4830, a DVI cable, a dell monitor. I have reset the mobo. The most I ever get is just a quick flash of the splash screen and then no signal or sometimes just no signal. I'm at the end of my knowledge and patience.

My plan is to take the mobo back since I'm with in return window but also to take the cpu down and have it tested. If I'm missing anything, please let me know.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Ga-ep43-ud3l

This could be a boot loop, do the fans start to spin at all? Does the power led (if connected) shuts off?

Make sure the 24 pin and 4pin power connectors seated properly.

Try clearing CMOS as described in the second part of this post. Try an overnight/few hours if 20 seconds don't help.

Try one stick of ram in all slots. If you manage to boot, load optimized defaults, save, shut down, disconnect the power, install the secong ram stick and try again.
    If you can borrow another brand/type of memory you may want to try that.
    4GB memory may require more MCH Core 1.15-1.2v for stability.

Best take everything with you as it may be the PSU.

EDIT: do you have speaker connected, any beep codes?
    Last edited by Chike; 01-02-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't cheched the power led for cycling.

Psu, ocz vendetta CPU cooler, and video card fans all spin. MB lights illuminate. Case led illuminate. Every once in a while the power cycles ie everything stops spinning and the lights go out and then it starts back up with no input from me. It happens about every 10th try.

I'm concerned the board was a return. I bought it at Frys "brand new" but the plastic socket cover said "Foxconn" which seems weird for a Gigabyte board.

I don't think I cleared the Cmos correctly so if it's a return, that could be a issue.

I do not have case wires for a speaker.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tinymac2 View Post
    I'm concerned the board was a return. I bought it at Frys "brand new" but the plastic socket cover said "Foxconn" which seems weird for a Gigabyte board.
    Small little details. I'd check what mine says but It's on the ASUS board I just RMAd.
    Can you see what BIOS version is installed? Press tab key at boot, it should be near the top leaft of the screen.
    What is the board revision? (printed above the far PCI slot at the corner, I/O panel side)

Thank you for the help. I am no longer the owner of this board. Never got it to post.

I ended up taking this board back but it turns out I had 1 good stick of ram and 1 bad stick. Thought I tried all combinations but I guess I missed one. Bought a different board that has memtest in the bios. Rock steady with the good stick but power cycles with the bad stick in or no signal. I'm adding this after the fact because it was frustrating reading these forums and then never hearing the final outcome.

Thread Information