Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-P55-UD6 reboot loop and POST code 11

Default Re: GA-P55-UD6 reboot loop and POST code 11

Did you install the RAM in the white slots? Because you'll have too in order for the motherboard to POST.
    Intel Core i7 3930K | 32GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz | Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI | Corsair AX1200 watt Power Supply | 20x LG SATA DVD+/- RW | LG BluRay/HD DVD Combo Drive| Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers | 42" Toshiba 42XL700a at 1920x1080 1080p | Asrock X79 Fatal1ty Champion | Coolermaster HAF X | 1x OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 1x 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive | 1x 2TB Western Digital Hard Drive | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate RTM

I also had this problem. It was normal at first time. I got into bios n windows. Even After i installed the drivers.
    I overclocked my i5 to 3.2 ghz. When suddenly it goes to infinite reboot without the post. After 3 second it went to restart again. N from the post code it says 11 n 88.

Exactly like yours.

I did everything i could (beside rma the board though).
    - Using one mem stick.
    - using another ram. Vgen 2gb 1333.
    - reconfiguring the rig.
    - loosening the hsf backplate. Sum says that it cause shortage.
    - putting the rig outside the chassis.
    - resetting the bios with cmos button n battery.

Its all come back with the continues reboot. Some times (a few) after reconfig the rig. It could be normal again. N it kept coming back.

After the repeated reconfiguring the rig. With many failure n success to reboot.

I think i know the problem. Coz due to the problem, i have to mobilize the rig to my brother place. Every time it comes back.

N usually it got normal after i reconfigured the rig. N I didnt push the ram that hard to the mobo. I push the ram only to made the attachment connect to the rams. One ram at a time. N it goes normal boot.

I think u should try that also. I hope u will have a normal boot.
    Intel i5 4.00 gHz @ 1.350v
    Gigabyte GA P55 UD6 (rev 1.0) BIOS F6
    Gskill PC12800 4GB kit 4gbeco
    TRUX BLACK rev C (TT smart fan 12 cm + CM fan 12 cm 90CFM)
    ATI 4890 (950 / 1150)
    Maxtor 500 gb + Hitachi 500 GB
    Corsair TX850
    Power Logic Ultima Thunder
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CZAKWIL%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Thanks for all your replies.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Iíve tried most of your suggestions including:
    Pulling out the CPU, checking the pins and reseating it.
    Plugging in just enough to boot (memory, processor and a video card) and trying to boot
    Using a different video card (6800GS) with all other components remaining the same
    There is no CMOS jumper, only a switch which Iíve tried.
    Double checked the RAM

I did get a second click when I push down harder on the RAM but it didnít make any difference in the results.
    I tried each stick alone in each of the two white slots.
    But nothing has made a difference
    The power supplies Iíve tried are both 3-4 years old so that is perhaps my problem. Iím trying to find another one I can borrow to test my system. Iíve got to find my multimeter and check the voltages first.
    I guess Iíll call Gigabyte tomorrow and see what they have to say.
    Thanks again.

Well if its any help, try unplugging the usb or wireless keyboard if you use one.

This is what happens to me when booting on a X58-UD7 ever since setup pre OS. Just loops. Need to boot with a PS2 then plug in my G15. Its horrible.

Good luck to u then.

Btw i meant that i dont have to push the ram that hard to the mobo.
    Just with a small push to make the clip connect to the RAM. Not too hard.

Im sorry for my bad english.
    ATI 4890 (950 / 1150)
    Corsair TX850

At this point you have done more then enough to isolate the fault.

I would be fairly confident in any RMAs place, but if it doesn't correct the issue then that is one more component isolated from the mix.

I called Gigabyte today and spoke to tech support. He had me try a number of the suggestions that I've already received from you all and then agreed that to give me an RMA.

I've located another more powerful power supply so I'll give that a try tomorrow and then send the MB back if I still can't get it to boot.

Good luck 2 u then. Hope that rma could solve ur problem.
    ATI 4890 (950 / 1150)
    Corsair TX850

Hei fireman.

How was the rma? What is the problem anyway?
    ATI 4890 (950 / 1150)
    Corsair TX850

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information