Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Dynamic Energy Saver still shows up on POST after uninstall

Default Dynamic Energy Saver still shows up on POST after uninstall

Since I've installed windows 7 over Vista, I've two main problems with my EP43-DS3L. The biggest one is that it hangs after waking up from S3 Sleep.
    Seems like that's a popular problem with no surefire fix yet.

The second, more minor problem is that after I do a hard reset, I get prompted that Dynamic Energy Saver is turned off as the last POST message. But I've uninstalled the program already since it didn't work for me on Windows 7. I have tried to reinstall and uninstall the program but it didn't work either.

Is there any way to get rid of this message so I don't have to "press any key" every time I reset my computer? Thanks

Default Re: Dynamic Energy Saver still shows up on POST after uninstall

Sure, run msconfig and under the Start up tab uncheck the line that starts Dynamic Energy saver. (I'm don't know what executable file is named, but you can Google all the files names that aren't obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by b_rubenstein View Post
    Sure, run msconfig and under the Start up tab uncheck the line that starts Dynamic Energy saver. (I'm don't know what executable file is named, but you can Google all the files names that aren't obvious.
    DES isn't there. I uninstalled the program already, and it appears to be properly deleted from the usual places. There's no Gigabyte folder in Program Files and nothing in the control panel. Also in Services, the GEST service is not there anymore. So I've eliminated those places, but it's still got to be hiding somewhere!

maybe resetting the BIOS will help?
    i7 920 Stock + Mugen 2 HS | Corsair XMP3 1600 CL 9-9-9-24 | Corsair TX750W| MSI GTX 275 Twin Frozr | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Rev 1.6 | SB Audigy 2 ZS | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 26" |
    Cheap Is Expensive....

An executable or DLL file is still being called for in the registry. CCleaner may find the line now dead line in the registry and delete it. One utility that lets you examine every thing that gets called is Autoruns. Got through the tabbed sections one by one and look for anything with a note stating: File not found and uncheck it.

Obviously, the uninstall didn't get everything.

Check post #5 here (this worked for me, although it is irrational...):
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/dpc-...x58-ud5-30547/

And this thread:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...-reboot-30684/

It seems to me that after enabling stealth mode, The BIOS is tricked into thinking DES is still there (even after uninstalling DES).

Good luck.
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

OK, I was wrong. I didn't realize that the program was modifying the BIOS. I'm really glad that I never tried DES.

Quote Originally Posted by b_rubenstein View Post
    OK, I was wrong. I didn't realize that the program was modifying the BIOS. I'm really glad that I never tried DES.
    So you reset the CMOS? (took the bat out?)
    i7 920 Stock + Mugen 2 HS | Corsair XMP3 1600 CL 9-9-9-24 | Corsair TX750W| MSI GTX 275 Twin Frozr | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Rev 1.6 | SB Audigy 2 ZS | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 26" |
    Cheap Is Expensive....

Wasn't my problem.

I read the above referenced threads and DES looks like the The Thing that Wouldn't Die!. People clear CMOS, flash BIOS, wipe HDs and reinstall OS, reinstall DES chant incantations, uninstall DES all to no avail. Message during POST still pops up.

by the way so you recommend using the DES proggy? does it work with win7 64bit?
    Cheap Is Expensive....

Thread Information