Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EX58-UD5 RAM ID Problem

Default Re: EX58-UD5 RAM ID Problem

I use the latest BIOS issued on 11.01.2009. Note: The same issue occurred with all previous BIOS versions.

As for the settings, I just enabled XMP profile for my Corsair (1.35v QPI VTT, 1.65v DRAM Voltage. 7-7-7-20 2T. All other settings on AUTO/default settings.)

I tried various voltage combinations. Also, I tried with no XMP enabled, with severely underclocked memory (at 1066MHz) and with timings not so aggressive. No way.

Note: I enabled XMP profile for another brand RAM (Kingston 1600MHz, from Qualified Vendor List for my MoBo) and it works just fine: no cold boot issue (6Gb -> 4Gb) or other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
    I use the latest BIOS issued on 11.01.2009. Note: The same issue occurred with all previous BIOS versions.

As for the settings, I just enabled XMP profile for my Corsair (1.35v QPI VTT, 1.65v DRAM Voltage. 7-7-7-20 2T. All other settings on AUTO/default settings.)

I tried various voltage combinations. Also, I tried with no XMP enabled, with severely underclocked memory (at 1066MHz) and with timings not so aggressive. No way.

Note: I enabled XMP profile for another brand RAM (Kingston 1600MHz, from Qualified Vendor List for my MoBo) and it works just fine: no cold boot issue (6Gb -> 4Gb) or other issues.
    it could be with reading the xmp profile then,disable it and set your ram timings manually 7-7-7-20 but try 1T faster than 2T,set ram v to 1.66 in bios,qpi set to 1.320000 and set your cpu voltage to "normal" voltage setting,set system performance enhance to standard then try a cold boot up.....raise your memory multiplier to give you ram speed 1600mhz or whatever speed it is
    Last edited by wazza300; 01-22-2010 at 08:03 AM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, and sure, I can do all that manually. And believe me, I tried A LOT of manual settings. Nothing helped so far.

I have run some more tests over the weekend and my problem seems to be linked to a bad stick of ram.

After reseating my cpu to check for bent pins in the socket I started noticing in the BIOS that one of my memory channels was dashed out in the M.I.T (As previously described by Achelon), on cold boots; for example:
    CAS................ 8[Auto]
    tRCD............... -[Auto]
    tRP................. -[Auto]
    tRAS............... -[Auto]
    Command Rate.. -[Auto]

I wasn't getting that before (But I am glad it started). Then on a "warm boot" I was getting all channels displaying properly (instead of dashes I was getting numbers). From there I tried moving the sticks of ram around to see if the dashes were tied to a stick of ram or a slot. After moving the sticks I found that the problem was tied to a stick of ram. Attempting a cold boot with just the suspect stick of ram caused a failure to boot with C1 on the debug LEDs. I had previously tried booting with each individual stick but I must have tried to boot with this stick within the period where a second boot would work okay (I.e. a warm boot).

After removing the suspect stick of ram I am not having any problems. I am waiting for a warranty replacement stick to arrive and will let you know when I have it if it cleared up my problems (with all 3 sticks in). It is a bit weird that it would pass memtest86+ with a bad stick though.

So my advice is for Achelon to try moving ram dimms around (e.g. if stick A is in slot 1, stick B is in slot 3 and stick C is in slot 5, try stick A in 5, stick B in 1 and stick C in 3) and see if the dashes follow the dimm around indicating a bad stick or stay with the slot. Or, try cold booting from the stick that has the dashes in the BIOS and see if you get a failure.

@ Snarky, it appears that if replacing your kit with another one and your problem goes away there is a problem with the first kit. Are you getting any dashes against the ram channel timings similar to those I mentioned above on cold boots in the BIOS? If so the stick with the dashes may be bad, try cold booting with just that stick. I also was able to pass 29 hrs of memtest86+ without errors, but would fail in under 2 hrs when running 8 instances of memtest (MemTest: RAM reliability tester for Windows) - just allocate about 1/8th of your available ram per instance (600-700MB or so) - with all 3 sticks (even with 6GB ram displaying correctly). After removing the suspect stick I have been able to run for 12 hrs without error (I quit after that).

Just some ideas.

P.s. Thanks again to those who have helped me out specifically wazza300 and flyfisher.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information