Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Sleep problem with EP45-UD3L board....




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    19

    Default Sleep problem with EP45-UD3L board....

    First this is a fresh build with validated windows 7 Pro 64 bit operating system....
    Board is Gigabyte EP45-UD3L
    Processor is stock E6600 2.4 MZ Intell ( Not overclocked )
    Powersuply is Thermaltake 500 watt ( TR2 )
    HD is Hatachi 500 GB 7200 rpm drive...
    Ram is PNY DDR2 800MZ...4 sticks 1 Gig each with heat sinks attached
    Optical is Pioneer DVD writer
    Video is PNY 9800 GT

    Thats it..nothing fancy....

    Bios is left as originally set except for power on with double click of mouse as it and the keyboard are both PS2 inputs....and I have no floppy so I disabled it....then I changed the boot order to CD/HD/CD...all other settings are left as they came on the board originally.

    The problem is this....when I put the computer to sleep it will not wake up...it just cycles power on and off in a continuous manner untill I shut the PS off....then after about 4 secs it emits a whoosh of air from the processor fan and can be rebooted using the case power switch...When it comes back up it goes through the Gigabyte screen to the resume windows screen and can be used...Also the utilites will not all load...the Easy Tune shows in the process tab but won't open..Energy Saver does work as it should...
    I have set the Power settings in windows to never turn off the monitor or the HD and my screen saver is also turned off...
    I had the same problem with a EP43-UD3L board and I was able to return it after no fix could be found....The sleep mode is not as big an issue for me as the Easy Tune issue although I would like to have everything working as it should....
    Any ideas....
    Here is what I have done so far to correct the issue....I have had the PS tested and it is fine...mem...tested and also good...Has to be bios flaw or some overlooked setting I don't understand...any help would be deeply appreciated....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Sleep problem with EP45-UD3L board....

    Well after waiting 2 weeks for a response from gigabyte they finally got back to me....yeah right....they wanted me to resend them more info like if I overclocked the board....try one stick of mem. at a time...etc. I told them in my question about the board that it was a fresh build and nothing was tampered with....and still they wanted to know if I overclocked it...obviously they didn't even read my problem carefully....this is my last and I mean last Gigabyte board...their tech support sucks....
    If the people who run this board think I am flaming Gigabyte, look at it from my point of view....Over 70 people peeked at the problem and not one response...and no real response from the techies at Gigabyte...Obviously I am not the only person with S3 sleep problems and I can't see where the support from Gigabyte has helped anybody at all...Yeah I'm frustrated...gonna return this POS board back to Microcenters thank God for the 30 days return policy...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: Sleep problem with EP45-UD3L board....

    Quote Originally Posted by bentcue007 View Post
    Well after waiting 2 weeks for a response from gigabyte they finally got back to me....yeah right....they wanted me to resend them more info like if I overclocked the board....try one stick of mem. at a time...etc. I told them in my question about the board that it was a fresh build and nothing was tampered with....and still they wanted to know if I overclocked it...obviously they didn't even read my problem carefully....this is my last and I mean last Gigabyte board...their tech support sucks....
    If the people who run this board think I am flaming Gigabyte, look at it from my point of view....Over 70 people peeked at the problem and not one response...and no real response from the techies at Gigabyte...Obviously I am not the only person with S3 sleep problems and I can't see where the support from Gigabyte has helped anybody at all...Yeah I'm frustrated...gonna return this POS board back to Microcenters thank God for the 30 days return policy...
    just wondered whether you updated to the latest easytune and chipset drivers
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Sleep problem with EP45-UD3L board....

    Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    just wondered whether you updated to the latest easytune and chipset drivers
    Oh yeah....I downloaded the latest chipset and the newest release for Easytune and still no relief from the initial problem....bottom line is that Gigabyte has no interest in attempting to correct the problem with S3 sleep....other users have the same issue and it is always Gigabytes stance that the user overclocked the board or some other user issue....Well let me assure everybody that I never overclocked any of my boxes....or tampered with any bios settings, other than boot order, and drive set ups...period...the end...I go through the bios and check the settings to make sure that the power management is correct and other settings as well, but unless there is an issue with the stock settings, I leave well enough alone....
    Maybe if Gigabyte had live tech support, or live chat on line tech support the problems users have could be resolved in less than a months time...Right now I am at three weeks and no solution in sight....I am going to return the board, and as far as I am concerned Gigabytes quality is at best hit or miss....
    My recomendation is to go to a company like EVGA who has live phone support with people who know what the heck they are doing...
    And if the people from Gigabyte don't like this post, they can shove it....they desearve the comments, they earned them.....

  5. #5
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: Sleep problem with EP45-UD3L board....

    Latest BIOS installed?
    You have 4 ram sticks, have you made, or attempted any tweaks to MCH Cire/DRAM Voltage?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Sleep problem with EP45-UD3L board....

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Latest BIOS installed?
    You have 4 ram sticks, have you made, or attempted any tweaks to MCH Cire/DRAM Voltage?
    No I havn't made any tweaks to MCH because I don't even know what MCH is....or changed the DRAM voltage either....the voltage is currantly on Auto...I am willing to try it though if it would be explained to me how to do this...As I indicated in my previous posts, I leave the bios settings alone except for the power settings and the boot order. Once again any help is most appreciated. The latest bios came with the board...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Sleep problem with EP45-UD3L board....

    I have the same board. S3 never worked right under XP. A few months ago I switched to Win 7 64bit and S3 sleep works perfect.
    The only real difference is that I never loaded any of the Gigabyte software like Easy Tune or DES.

  8. #8
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: Sleep problem with EP45-UD3L board....

    MCH(Memory Controler HUB) is the chpset, P45 for your board, located between the CPU and PCI-E slot (under the ehatsink with GIGABYTE on it.)

    Four memory modules may need a bit more voltage.
    Enter BIOS M.I.T and set MCH Core 1.15v. If it doesn't solve the problem try more up to 1.24v if available (not sure what are this board options).

    A screen capture of EasyTune -> Tuner -> Advanced -> Voltage tab, and MemSet main(click >>) and SPD(click spd) windows may be helpful.
    MemSet can be found in http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...30/#post284762
    I have problems with sleep but only over certain overclock, at stock there are none. Some have with stock settings while others don't have any even with overclock. It realy depend on all the components I think, and GB obviousely can't test all possible combinations.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Sleep problem with EP45-UD3L board....

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    MCH(Memory Controler HUB) is the chpset, P45 for your board, located between the CPU and PCI-E slot (under the ehatsink with GIGABYTE on it.)

    Four memory modules may need a bit more voltage.
    Enter BIOS M.I.T and set MCH Core 1.15v. If it doesn't solve the problem try more up to 1.24v if available (not sure what are this board options).

    A screen capture of EasyTune -> Tuner -> Advanced -> Voltage tab, and MemSet main(click >>) and SPD(click spd) windows may be helpful.
    MemSet can be found in http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...30/#post284762
    I have problems with sleep but only over certain overclock, at stock there are none. Some have with stock settings while others don't have any even with overclock. It realy depend on all the components I think, and GB obviousely can't test all possible combinations.
    First off let me thank you for the attempt to help me....My bios has no way to adjust the MCH voltage...only three settings available...standard, turbo and extreme....the stock setting was turbo...I changed it to standard and got the BSOD and a message about memory management..
    Now I put it back and if I go to try sleep it goes to a resume screen with my name and says locked...if I click on my name it goes black and reboots and then goes to a BSOD with the memory management error....this just gets better and better....I should also let everybody know that I went to one stick of ram and tried each stick that way on a seperate basis...all behaved the same way...went to sleep, and on wake up cycled the boot process over and over...
    But I will say this at least I had something new to try...the other person says that his S3 worked perfectly on Win 7 64 bit...and thats what I am running on this box...I have another Gigabyte board EX58-UD4P and running Vista 64 bit and S3 is fine....
    Frustration is my middle name....

  10. #10
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: Sleep problem with EP45-UD3L board....

    Quote Originally Posted by bentcue007 View Post
    My bios has no way to adjust the MCH voltage...only three settings available...standard, turbo and extreme....the stock setting was turbo...I changed it to standard and got the BSOD and a message about memory management..
    Guaranteed you have MCH Core option, they just don't all fit in one screen, keep pressing the down arrow key, you'll find it below, along with others.
    Please load optimized defaults in main BIOS screen before applying any changes.
    Strange thing you get BSOD with Performance Enhance standard and with turbo you don't, usualy it help things.
    Do you have XMP option? Try setting it to disable if you do.
    Please post those screen capture I asked for, they are assential for any further suggestion I will be able to make.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •