Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte P45-UD3P 1.6 @ FD Issue

Default Gigabyte P45-UD3P 1.6 @ FD Issue

Everytime I turn off my system, and unplug the AC cord from my power supply to do any work in my case, upon replugging and powering back on the system I lose both my onboard Gigabit LAN. If I boot to Windows 7 or Windows XP both of my dual gigabit LAN ports will not show up. They won't show up in control panel or by performing ipconfig via the command prompt.

The only way to solve the mentioned problem is to load optimized defaults, save & exit, then wait for the power off and power back on. From this point I can boot into either OS and regain my networking. Usually after loading optimized defaults and the power off / power on, I load my BIOS profile for this current overclock (3.4 Ghz). So, basically, I have to go through 2 power off and 2 power on cycles everytime I unplug my power supply... kind of annoying!

I'm praying there will be a new BIOS release that fixes this issue. Anyone else have this issue?

Any suggestions or input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Default Re: Gigabyte P45-UD3P 1.6 @ FD Issue

both of mine (UD3R) did the same and the only Bios that I was able to use was F6 any other and the boards became useless no matter what settings I used
    Last edited by man00; 01-11-2010 at 05:01 AM.

man00, did you ever email Gigabyte? I'm hoping it can be fixed. I'm not really wanting to flash back to the FA or FB BIOS just to find out they have the same issue...

I'm hoping someone out there has a P45-UD3P 1.6 that has theirs on FA or FB BIOS and maybe they can inform if they have this issue or not. If that is the case, I will flash to the FA or FB BIOS.

Thanks for the info man00. I don't feel so bad being the only unlucky one.

called them...was waste of time

I flashed my board to the FB BIOS, and I think it fixed my issue with losing the gigabit LAN adapters after unplugging my power supply.

Unfortunately, I have lost the overclock I had. This BIOS does not like my RAM whatsoever - OCZ2G10664GK. I was able to run 400 Mhz @ 4-4-4-12 2.06v with no issues - 13 hours prime95 blend stable, and an overnight pass of memtest. The only way I can get this board to boot is to load optimized defaults. I have tried booting the same overclock I had with the same settings all around. I have tried the following-
    *Increasing MCH voltage in increments (1.05v all the way to 1.3v)
    *Lowering tRD or set it to AUTO
    *set RAM to its max voltage (2.15v)
    *Loosening RAM timings
    *Tried different straps

I did load optimized defaults before I flashed, and also after the flash.

One reason I flashed from the FD --> FB BIOS is because I wasn't able to run 3D Mark Vantage or 3D Mark 06. I would get the dreaded "System Info Scan Failed", or "COM surrogate has stopped working" errors. After trying every possible solution I could find on the web without it working, I decided to flash to this FB BIOS to try and solve it. Flashing to the FB BIOS on this P45-UD3P 1.6 now allows me to run 3D Mark Vantage. ORB - Compare

I emailed Gigabyte support about the power cycle issue with BIOS FD. I made a post on OCZ forums about the RAM issue. Anyone have any suggestions for my RAM? I might try manually setting my RAM timings that work with optimized defaults when I try running 400 FSB.

Here is a screen shot of my RAM configured by optimized defaults.

Last edited by RoscoP; 01-11-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: dur

Smile Re: Gigabyte P45-UD3P 1.6 @ FD Issue

I was fed up with the RAM issue, and OCZ was not much help, so I flashed back to the FD BIOS. I loaded optimized defaults before and after the flash. My RAM issue is now fixed. I can now run my ram @ 800 Mhz 4-4-4-12 2.06v, and also 1066 @ its rated timings and voltage. This is at 400x8.5 = 3.4Ghz w/ stock MCH voltage.

I am unsure if my power cycle issue is still existing. I no longer get the dreaded "System Info Scan Failed", or "COM surrogate has stopped working" errors when running 3D Mark Vantage or 3D Mark 06 with the FD BIOS now.

So... maybe I had a bad flash going from FA to the FD BIOS the first time, or... Gigabyte actually put a newer FD BIOS on their website that is different from the one I flashed with the first time.

If someone has these issues in the future, hopefully this thread will be of use to them and will help them solve their issue. The next time I work inside of my case and switch off my power supply I will find out if my power cycle issue still exists, and I will post back if it is still existing with this FD BIOS.

KayossZero is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoP View Post
    Everytime I turn off my system, and unplug the AC cord from my power supply to do any work in my case, upon replugging and powering back on the system I lose both my onboard Gigabit LAN. If I boot to Windows 7 or Windows XP both of my dual gigabit LAN ports will not show up. They won't show up in control panel or by performing ipconfig via the command prompt.

The only way to solve the mentioned problem is to load optimized defaults, save & exit, then wait for the power off and power back on. From this point I can boot into either OS and regain my networking. Usually after loading optimized defaults and the power off / power on, I load my BIOS profile for this current overclock (3.4 Ghz). So, basically, I have to go through 2 power off and 2 power on cycles everytime I unplug my power supply... kind of annoying!

I'm praying there will be a new BIOS release that fixes this issue. Anyone else have this issue?

Any suggestions or input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Does your Bios have an option called "Quick Boot"? If so turn that off it will fix the Lan cards not showing up in Windows most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by KayossZero View Post
    Does your Bios have an option called "Quick Boot"? If so turn that off it will fix the Lan cards not showing up in Windows most likely.
    In the FD BIOS, there is a feature called "Quick Boot". I noticed that in the FB BIOS, it was not available. Funny thing is, I think Gigabyte did truly change their FD BIOS available on their site, because this time when I flashed with FD BIOS, some settings were different. The "Quick Boot" option is disabled now by default. It must have been enabled by default that first time I flashed to the FD BIOS.

I did load optimized defaults before and after the first time I flashed to the FD BIOS. Gigabyte pulled a fast one on me, or I think I'm trippin'.

What exactly does "Quick Boot" do? I found this thread (http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ethe...v-1-6-a-36795/) regarding the same issue with networking as I had, but I can't find out what "Quick Boot" actually does.

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoP View Post
    In the FD BIOS, there is a feature called "Quick Boot". I noticed that in the FB BIOS, it was not available. Funny thing is, I think Gigabyte did truly change their FD BIOS available on their site, because this time when I flashed with FD BIOS, some settings were different. The "Quick Boot" option is disabled now by default. It must have been enabled by default that first time I flashed to the FD BIOS.

I did load optimized defaults before and after the first time I flashed to the FD BIOS. Gigabyte pulled a fast one on me, or I think I'm trippin'.

What exactly does "Quick Boot" do? I found this thread (http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ethe...v-1-6-a-36795/) regarding the same issue with networking as I had, but I can't find out what "Quick Boot" actually does.
    i think it skips the dmi data screen and boots into windows quicker,not sure tho maybe someone will know more...also did you download the bios from a different country gigabyte website?
    Last edited by wazza300; 01-12-2010 at 09:44 AM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    i think it skips the dmi data screen and boots into windows quicker,not sure tho maybe someone will know more...also did you download the bios from a different country gigabyte website?
    When I just recently flashed from FB BIOS to FD BIOS, I downloaded the FD BIOS from Gigabyte's FTP server in the US. Maybe there is a difference in the BIOS file depending on which FTP chosen... I can't remember which FTP server I chose the first time I downloaded the FD BIOS. All is well now with my setup. Life is full of problems though, and when some leave new ones come knocking at your door.

If there is one thing I've realized from this it is that there is no best BIOS, because the best BIOS depends on your hardware configuration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information