Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EX58-UD3R & windows 7 ultimate 64 bit cannot detect RAM

Exclamation EX58-UD3R & windows 7 ultimate 64 bit cannot detect RAM

Hello Guys,

I have just bought a new PC with EX58-UD3R and Core i7 processor

It originally came with 2GB DDR3 RAM coz the store didn't have more in stock, then I bought a new 3x2 DDR3 RAM kit and installed it myself to work as Triple channel as described on the Mobo manual (on the white slots)

The RAM model and make are supported by the MotherBoard as specified on the GIGABYTE website.

So, when I boot the PC up, only 2G RAM is detected in both the bios and windows.

Am I missing anything ???

I'm also unable to find the bios version as I can not access the POST screen (by hitting TAB) and I'm only stuck with the GIGABYTE logo screen at startup

Your help will be highly appreciated,, I need to use my PC with full power asap for some 3D work.

Regards
    tn45200
    Last edited by tn45200; 01-13-2010 at 05:31 PM.

flyfisher is offline Member

Default Re: EX58-UD3R & windows 7 ultimate 64 bit cannot detect RAM

First thing I would do is clear the CMOS by shorting the two pins located between the SATA ports and the southbridge. Shut down the computer and remove the AC plug from the outlet or turn off the PSU if it has a switch. Press the case's power button several times to discharge the capacitors. Locate the two clear CMOS pins and place a jumper on them for about a minute. Alternately you can place the blade of a small screwdriver across them. Remove the jumper, but do not plug the AC power in just yet.

Are you using a USB keyboard? USB keyboard/mouse support is disabled by default in the BIOS. You will need to use a USB to PS/2 adapter on the keyboard. Once you have done that, plug the AC line in, boot, go into the BIOS and load optimized defaults. Hit F10 to save and reboot. Hopefully that will fix the memory problem. If not, a BIOS update might.

Now you should be able to hit TAB to go to the POST screen and find your BIOS version. If you want to flash the BIOS use QFlash and follow the directions here: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide" - TweakTown Forums You will also need to know your board's revision number, i.e. 1.0, 1.6, or 1.7, to get the correct BIOS file.

One further note - I had USB keyboard support enabled and I could get into the BIOS but whenever I wanted to save a BIOS profile or flash from QFlash the keyboard would not function again. If I unplugged the keyboard from the USB port and plugged it back in then it worked. This is a known issue and hopefully will be fixed. In the meantime I would just use the PS/2 adapter.
    Last edited by flyfisher; 01-13-2010 at 10:05 PM.

@ flyfisher

I can not thank you enough, for taking the time and effort to answer my thread...

I'm really embarrassed to tell you how I fixed the problem !

You see, I have put this PC together for my Architect friend and the only missing thing was the RAM, which she had to go and buy by herself the second day as I was busy at work.

And then I talked her through the installation process by the phone and I found out later on ,, she had not pushed the RAM chips into the board all the was through ! looool

I was searching all around for a solution to this problem and the solution was just to push the RAM in !!!!

So, again thanks allot and sorry for all the trouble.

Regards,
    tn452000

flyfisher

flyfisher is offline Member

Always happy to try to help. Glad to hear you figured it out.

Thread Information