Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Default BIOS CPU Support in P55A-UD3

Default Doesn't Boot: What is Default BIOS CPU Support in P55A-UD3?

Hi, I just bought all new parts for a new pc running a Gigabyte P55A-UD3 motherboard and Intel Core i7-860 cpu. It doesn't post or beep when I turn it on. The power light goes on, the phase led lights are all lit up, and all the fans start going but nothing is displayed. It doesn't appear to be spontaneously rebooting on its own. I will be testing the ram and trying different ram to see if that is the problem.

Until then, could anyone tell me whether the original factory default bios on the P55A-UD3 supports the Intel i7-860? Should the original bios be able to boot with this cpu? I had this problem many years ago with an old Pentium II-333 not being supported by my motherboard at all without a new bios and I'm wondering if that could be my problem here.

Also, does the P55A-UD3 have some built-in speaker to make beeping noises on errors? My case does not come with an internal speaker but I can salvage one from another pc to help diagnose if the motherboard doesn't have its own.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Mik2; 01-13-2010 at 11:34 PM.

Default Re: Default BIOS CPU Support in P55A-UD3

Can't say about your 860, but out of the box it did support my i5-750. The bios was not up to date so I did flash to the F4 with no problems. Additionally, no I don't think it has a speaker on the motherboard. If it does, I've never heard anything out of it.

Question Re: Default BIOS CPU Support in P55A-UD3

Thanks for the info. It's probably not that then.

I connected a pc internal speaker from another case and turned on the computer again. It turns out that it doesn't make the speaker beep at all. Any idea what that might indicate? My computer behaves the same way without ram and video card too. Even with just motherboard, cpu, and power supply it doesn't do anything but turn on lights and fans. It doesn't POST, beep or reboot. All of these components are brand new. I would be surprised if it was the power supply since it is clearly supplying power. I checked the 24pin and 8pin motherboard power cables and they are connected properly. I checked the cpu again and it is correctly seated.

Do you think my motherboard is just defective? Would a functional motherboard beep if the cpu was faulty?

Thanks.

default bios should support i7 860. please check your memory are correctly populated in the right slots. on 1 memory on white DDR3_1 slot.

Quote Originally Posted by yshuwen521 View Post
    default bios should support i7 860. please check your memory are correctly populated in the right slots. on 1 memory on white DDR3_1 slot.
    I tried three different Corsair ddr3 pc1600 ram chips in combinations and one at a time in each slot. There is no change. The Corsair ram needs 1.65V. Can this motherboard POST with 1.65V ram or does it only feed 1.5V until changed in the bios? Would that be the problem? The motherboard behaves the same way regardless of where the ram is or even if there is no ram at all. I am starting to think my motherboard is defective.

1.65V memory should be ok. Have u checked your power supply? borrow one from your friend to test it. if u already checked this, you may bring your m/b back to the store to check.

it should power up with standard bios thats on the board,do you have a post l.e.d clock on the mb?im not sure if p55 has them ifso what error code is it saying??? and all voltages will be on auto when you get the mb so voltages will be fine
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, this motherboard doesn't have any error code indicator on it. It does have a row of something called "phase led" though. There are four of them. The first two are green, the third is yellow/orange, and the fourth is red. I don't know if that means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik2 View Post
    Unfortunately, this motherboard doesn't have any error code indicator on it. It does have a row of something called "phase led" though. There are four of them. The first two are green, the third is yellow/orange, and the fourth is red. I don't know if that means anything.
    what graphics card are you using?? how many pci-e slots are there 2? did you try gpu in each pci-e slot on mb? also do the phase led's stay all lit up green through to red? or do they light up and go out leaving just one green led??
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    what graphics card are you using?? how many pci-e slots are there 2? did you try gpu in each pci-e slot on mb? also do the phase led's stay all lit up green through to red? or do they light up and go out leaving just one green led??
    There are 2 pci-e slots. No change if I use either slot or even if I don't have a video card plugged in.

The lights stay lit up in this order: Green Green Orange Red. They don't go out until I turn off the computer. Does that mean anything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information