Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UD5 bios unreadable

Default UD5 bios unreadable

Hi everyone, having big problems with a new computer I built for xmas!
    Basically, everything was working fine, then I got a new solid state drive. I formatted my hard drive and installed windows 7 64 bit on the new drive for improved bootup times. After this, my bios became unreadable and pixelated and smeared downwards. When it got to the windows splash, it would either hang on a blank screen and require resetting or it would give me a BSOD with a nvlddkm.sys error. The only way I could get in was to boot in safe mode, uninstall the drivers, then reboot (however it then automatically installed the drivers, and requested a restart, where it then hung or BSOD again).
    I couldn't work it out, so I gave it to a local computer repair guy. He had it a week and finally came back to me today with it. He told me he reinstalled windows, updated the bios (as it was too old to support my 2x XfX XXX gtx 275s in SLI) and had to install the cards drivers one by one to fix the problem. I was very happy and went upstairs and plugged it all back in, and to my dismay he had installed it on the old samsung f3 regular harddrive! So I started to reinstall again, and I text the guy and he said he would send me step by step instructions on how to reinstall the drivers when it was complete. He said the bios would remain updated and therefore the only issue should be the drivers.
    Wrong. I installed the OS on the SSD and when it says completing installation and restarted, bios was unreadable again and windows won't boot. This time the installation hasn't even finished so I can't boot into safe mode either! Now I really don't know what to do, I don't want my computer to go missing for another week and I don't really want to pay more repair costs! Please any advice would be greatly received, thanks so much for reading this lengthy post :)

Default Re: UD5 bios unreadable

Try unplugging the samsung F3 drive and remove one of your GTX275 frmo the PCI-e slot.

Install windows with just a single GTX275. Btw which Ud5 r u talking about? is it the P55 series or X58??

There could be some other underlying problem but according to the blue screen error, it must be some sort of driver issue there.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

what bios version did he update it to? also try installing windows without any floppy drives enabled in bios and boot order,did you format it to ntfs??also you can download a hard drive clone program and clone your f3 drive to your sd drive just download it and burn to iso cd and load it at start up,or simply plug your drives into a working pc and clone them
    Last edited by wazza300; 01-21-2010 at 06:43 AM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is the EX58 sorry. The strangest thing happened, I restarted it about 3 times after I made my post, then suddenly the bios wasn't pixelated any more so I attempted another windows reinstall, formatted all the drives and removed all their partitions and it sortof worked! It then completed the installation and booted into windows. I then installed the graphics drivers and restarted. It wouldn't restart since it was set to boot from the cd drive, so I reset it again and set my OCZ vertex turbo (where I installed it) as the first boot drive. It wouldnt start, just hung at the verifying DMI pool data or something, so i reset again and set it to boot off my samsung spinpoint F3 first and it worked but went to the windows boot manager first and gave me the choice of 3 windows 7s. I just selected the first and got into windows great, then went to the boot manager and deleted the other two windows 7s, and now it boots perfectly. Installed the graphics drivers from the nvidia site and restarted, all good.
    When I was downloading a large file, however, the screen went black and I had a BSOD with nvlddkm.sys error. After the dump and restart, the screen flashed about 10 times on the desktop and was unusable for about 1 minute. Then it seemed fine. I went into the nvidia control panel and disabled SLI and I have used the computer about 5 hours since then with 3 restarts and no problems at all.
    I've asked the repair guy for step by step instructions on how he installed my drivers, as he said each of my cards has to be installed one at a time then enable SLI, so hopefully that will solve it!
    My bios is F7, I have F9 on a DVD but haven't attempted the flash since I've never done it from outside windows, and seeing as my problem seems to be a bit better! I also don't know where to disable the floppy, there seems to be a few options with the word floppy in the bios and don't wanna fiddle too much! Thanks so much for the replies

Hey ive got this condition rite now. I ve instal the newest bios, reinstall the OS, format the harddrive.. And it still pixelated
    What should i do? Reply pls

have you tried the above??? tried with one card or are you running sli???
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) 8-8-8-24-1t-@1.64v-1.3qpi
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

No, im using ati radeon HD 4670 and its only one vga.. And i dont know how to disable the SLI thing with radeon control panel..
    Before it went like this I was playing modrn warfare and downloading movie at the same time but suddenly there is some error msg say about directx. When i tried to play another game it goes pixelate and the bios too
    What kind of problem i face?

ok,well you can disable crossfire anytime in ccc control panel just untick the crossfire box,youll only see it if you have two cards installed,have you tried to re-install direct x?? i think its corrupted some graphic driver when it crashed thats why its pixelated....just google directx10 download and install them again,then i would un-install your gpu drivers and re-install them and see if its any better.also re-install your mb chipset drivers from gigabyte website. another thing you could try is to do a system restore to the time before it crashed maybe that will fix things??
    Last edited by warren300; 04-12-2010 at 07:25 AM.
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) 8-8-8-24-1t-@1.64v-1.3qpi
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Don't know if this helps much as I haven't read the whiole thread properly since I'm browsing on my phone. I was the OP and my problem turned out to be just a faulty graphics card. After being sick of the troubles I sent it for rma testing and they found immediately that it was faulty. They said to me at OCUK that pixelated bios shows severe corruption in the graphic cards memory. Good luck with yours mate :)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks for the update, I was about to say the same to cruzhart.

Sounds like the 16 bit modes and others are failing on the card since the BIOS is also messed up. I would RMA your card for sure as well cruzhart, sounds faulty to me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information