Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GigaByte AM3 Boards LAG/Crawl when booting with MS-AHCI drivers

Default Re: GigaByte AM3 Boards LAG/Crawl when booting with MS-AHCI drivers

Quote Originally Posted by PhenomII Dude View Post
    It's the Microsoft AHCI driver! - once you use the correct "chipset" AHCI driver the problem goes away. At least it is here on my AMD box

what can be done? Gigabyte know or they have to find out - as long as the problem can be fixed with the appropriate driver there is no real issue.
    Wrong Gigabyte could give 2 ****s about rectifying this problem since it would be much easier to sweep it under the rug. This TOP END AM3 mobo clealry is not on there list of priorities. It looks like they just quickly released it for the sake of being able to advertise being the first MOBO manufacture to have incorporated USB 3.0 and SATA onboard.

Here is a small snippet from a group of people in another forum having the same problems.

Apparently this is a known problem reported by Anandtech, Tomshardware, and TechRepublic. Anandtech reported notified Gigabyte about one of their boards having AHCI troulbe and they quickly came back to them with updated BIOS or drivers. Unfortunately they have not done this for all of their boards. It seems that this is both an AMD problem and a Gigabyte problem.

I notified Gigabyte support, but I have not received any satisfying answers as of yet..

Rather than deal with this they instead appear to be treating it like an isolated incident. We'll see what they say next, but I doubt that I'm going to get any satisfaction by going down this route. There's likely an obnoxious checklist they will try to run me through 3 or 4 times (hours of wasted time) before issuing an RMA, which will do nothing to solve the problem.

We need tech journalists to make some more noise and force them to address this at a higher level. You and I are just talking to peons when we call tech support.
    Unless they fix this issue in the Long Delayed F3 bios(apparently it's in alpha state talk about slow) I will make sure to never buy anything from this dismal company(that that loves to leave it's customers out in the dark and to warn all future buyers that Gigabyte is simply not the company they once used to be.

We are talking about there flagship AM3 Mobo. Yet they are to lazy to even release an updated BIOS. Board came out late November last bios was DEC 11 2009 F2

On this board http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240085&page=6 you can find the .f3a bios. Also the .f3f version is listed in .bin format. Unfortunately, the .f3f version is not accepted by QFlash.

Somebody any idea where to find the .f3f version? The .f3a did solve several issues I had.

Any progress in this matter? It still botherstremendously that my bootup and game startup times are worse with my ssd that my brother's pc with an hdd...
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 | OCZ OCZ3G1600LV4GK (4GB) | Club3D HD5850 | Intel SSDSA2MH080G2R5 (80GB) | Corsair TX650W

Quote Originally Posted by jelbo View Post
    Any progress in this matter? It still botherstremendously that my bootup and game startup times are worse with my ssd that my brother's pc with an hdd...
    Progress has been made. The New F3F Beta bios on gigabytes website has fix the boot times. Wow only took Gigabyte half a year to fix the problem. To bad they make nice hardware Mobos but the problem with Gigabyte is they are selective on what boards get proper support. That is BS and i am not interested in putting my faith with a company that gambles.

Yep, agree, Gigabyte got pretty lazy in releasing quality AM3 bioses
    GA-FXA990-UD3v4
    AMD FX-8320
    Kingston 2x4GB 1866 HyperX
    Gigabyte R6850C-1GB
    1x WD Blue 1TB / 1x SSHD 1TB Seagate
    Win7x64

Quote Originally Posted by PhenomII Dude View Post
    Yep, agree, Gigabyte got pretty lazy in releasing quality AM3 bioses

And that is going to cost them. After they burned many of there loyal customers. Now they are taking there time with the X6 support. While the beta will allow you to boot and work with X6, Overclocking and features are limited. Expect to wait another 3 months for an update at minimum. I mean since December they have yet to release a finalized BIOS.

Hi,
    I have a 770TA-UD3.
    I comfirm this problem, but I explored a little bit and experienced the following:
    My motherboard lagged with AMD- or MS-AHCi driver with version F1 BIOS.
    Did it under AMD-AHCI with F2 BIOS.
    Did it under MS-AHCI with F3F BIOS, and AMD-AHCI with F3 BIOS. (AMD-AHCI & F3F doesn't crawl, but the motherboard switches off-on three times all of hdd during the shutting down of PC)
    All of another combination worked fine.
    At the moment I use MS-AHCI with F3 and works well.
    I was grim, I thought the gigabyte good choice. But my next board will be ASUS or sg else.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Have you reported the issue directly?

Please do if you have not already, they may not be aware there is an issue
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/ServiceCenter.aspx

Please keep in mind they will be translating your email, so keep it short and easy to understand

Thanks for reply. Your link didn't work, but I found the correct one, and
    wrote to gigabyte.
    Sorry for my English, but I thought everybody would understand it, who
    wants to.
    This story was the shortest summary of the last two and a half months.
    Now my configuration operates well (after some sleepless nights)

Problems are there to deal with...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh yes, they are still updating the site domain names, sorry about that!

Your English is fine, I was just telling you they (Gigabyte) would be translating your reply most likely so best to keep it as short and simple as you could.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information