Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Achieving 1333 or 1600 RAM with EP43T-UD3L




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    10

    Unhappy Achieving 1333 or 1600 RAM with EP43T-UD3L

    I recently got a new mobo and ram and for some reason my DDR3 1600 ram is running at 1066.
    After reading through the forums here (and being completely confused), I started playing around with the BIOS. I'm having trouble even getting 1333.
    I set the MCH Frequency to 400MHz and the multiplier to 3.33 (also tried 4) and started with the voltage at 1.6 and went all the way up to 1.98 and still couldn't get it to boot properly. (Endless Boot Loop)
    Is my voltage too high? Too low?
    I would love to get 1600 out of it, but I'd settle for 1333.

    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by StormRoyale; 01-25-2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Forgot To Include My Signature :D
    GA-EP43T-UD3L BIOS v.F5
    4GB (2x2GB) Patriot G Series 'Sector 5' Edition DDR3 1600
    Intel Core Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz
    GeForce 8600 GTS
    Enermax 650W

  2. #2
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: Achieving 1333 or 1600 RAM with EP43T-UD3L

    Some more info is needed. Please provide the information as explained in steps 1, 2 and 4 in this post.
    First step is to load BIOS Optimized-Defaults, if you have not done so yet.
    DDR-1600 is only possible with bus frequency (CPU Host Frequency) of 400+MHz.
    MCH Frequency Latch is not MCH Frequency, memory frequency is defined by FSB frequency and the multiplier.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Achieving 1333 or 1600 RAM with EP43T-UD3L

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Some more info is needed. Please provide the information as explained in steps 1, 2 and 4 in this post.
    First step is to load BIOS Optimized-Defaults, if you have not done so yet.
    DDR-1600 is only possible with bus frequency (CPU Host Frequency) of 400+MHz.
    MCH Frequency Latch is not MCH Frequency, memory frequency is defined by FSB frequency and the multiplier.
    Oops
    Forgot to attach my sig.
    GA-EP43T-UD3L BIOS v.F5
    4GB (2x2GB) Patriot G Series 'Sector 5' Edition DDR3 1600
    Intel Core Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz
    GeForce 8600 GTS
    Enermax 650W

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Achieving 1333 or 1600 RAM with EP43T-UD3L

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Some more info is needed. Please provide the information as explained in steps 1, 2 and 4 in this post.
    First step is to load BIOS Optimized-Defaults, if you have not done so yet.
    DDR-1600 is only possible with bus frequency (CPU Host Frequency) of 400+MHz.
    MCH Frequency Latch is not MCH Frequency, memory frequency is defined by FSB frequency and the multiplier.
    How do I load the Optimized BIOS defaults?
    I didn't see MCH Frequency in the BIOS... only the MCH Frequency Latch...
    GA-EP43T-UD3L BIOS v.F5
    4GB (2x2GB) Patriot G Series 'Sector 5' Edition DDR3 1600
    Intel Core Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz
    GeForce 8600 GTS
    Enermax 650W

  5. #5
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: Achieving 1333 or 1600 RAM with EP43T-UD3L

    Quote Originally Posted by StormRoyale View Post
    How do I load the Optimized BIOS defaults?
    Main BIOS screen, the second item in the right list.

    Quote Originally Posted by StormRoyale
    I didn't see MCH Frequency in the BIOS...
    only the MCH Frequency Latch...
    There is no MCH Frequency, only CPU Host frequency(FSB), which CPU and memory Frequency frequency are derived from according to CPU Ratio and System Memory Multiplier.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Achieving 1333 or 1600 RAM with EP43T-UD3L

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Main BIOS screen, the second item in the right list.
    I have no idea how I missed that.

    What's the difference between 4.00A, 4.00B, 4.00C and 4.00D in the Memory System Multiplier?
    Edit: After quite a bit of reading, I understand enough to know that I should be using 4.00D with a FSB of 400... unfortunately, that causes a bootloop.

    Thank you for all your help!!! It really is appreciated
    Last edited by StormRoyale; 01-28-2010 at 01:24 AM.
    GA-EP43T-UD3L BIOS v.F5
    4GB (2x2GB) Patriot G Series 'Sector 5' Edition DDR3 1600
    Intel Core Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz
    GeForce 8600 GTS
    Enermax 650W

  7. #7
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: Achieving 1333 or 1600 RAM with EP43T-UD3L

    Quote Originally Posted by StormRoyale View Post
    Edit: After quite a bit of reading, I understand enough to know that I should be using 4.00D with a FSB of 400... unfortunately, that causes a bootloop.
    I have never said you should use 400FSB, only that it is the only way the memory will clcok to 1600. 400FSB is ovetclock and take more than just changing FSB.

    Please post the information I have asked for in post #2.

    For now try the 4 multiplier that is assigned to your default FSB, and others if that doesn't work.

    Note the comment about MCH Core, in profJim's post, this option is often need to be tweaked for large and/or high speed memory configurations.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Achieving 1333 or 1600 RAM with EP43T-UD3L

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    I have never said you should use 400FSB, only that it is the only way the memory will clcok to 1600. 400FSB is ovetclock and take more than just changing FSB.

    Please post the information I have asked for in post #2.

    For now try the 4 multiplier that is assigned to your default FSB, and others if that doesn't work.

    Note the comment about MCH Core, in profJim's post, this option is often need to be tweaked for large and/or high speed memory configurations.
    My apologizes,
    I've been reading so many threads on so many boards that I'm getting them all mixed up.
    GA-EP43T-UD3L BIOS v.F5
    4GB (2x2GB) Patriot G Series 'Sector 5' Edition DDR3 1600
    Intel Core Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz
    GeForce 8600 GTS
    Enermax 650W

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Achieving 1333 or 1600 RAM with EP43T-UD3L

    Cpuz-cpu
    GA-EP43T-UD3L BIOS v.F5
    4GB (2x2GB) Patriot G Series 'Sector 5' Edition DDR3 1600
    Intel Core Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz
    GeForce 8600 GTS
    Enermax 650W

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Achieving 1333 or 1600 RAM with EP43T-UD3L

    CPUZ-Motherboard
    GA-EP43T-UD3L BIOS v.F5
    4GB (2x2GB) Patriot G Series 'Sector 5' Edition DDR3 1600
    Intel Core Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz
    GeForce 8600 GTS
    Enermax 650W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •