Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-MA770T-UD3P does not POST

Default Re: GA-MA770T-UD3P does not POST

Quote Originally Posted by CrackTheMachine View Post
    im terribly sorry, I did not list the CPU when writing the post, I simply forgot it. But you need at least the GC, CPU, PSU and Mobo to get any beeps as far as I can tell.

BTW: Im on my new PC now, reseating the CPU worked for me. One of the pin rows on the CPU was bent when I got the CPU out, I used a small knife with a thin blade to get them back into position. (be extremely careful though, you can easily break them and they are easily bent)
    Maybe I damaged the pins when I pulled the CPU fan out. the thermal compound glued the CPU to the fan as if they were of one piece. When I wanted to remove the fan it ripped the CPU off the mobo. I was shocked, but it seems there was no serious damage done.
    I then had some trouble getting the CPU off the fan but some force and a knife helped.
    When you reseat the CPU remember to check whether there is enough thermal paste between CPU and fan.

++edit++
    theres not much left you can try I guess, when reseating, replacing etc didnt work. I dont think both MB are damaged, unless you made some fatal mistake we dont know about that fried them both, but I dont think thats the case either. Most probably its the CPU then.
    Just a quick note, if your 8Pin 12V ATX (CPU) wouldnt get power the mb would let the system fans spin like mad. if they spin normally there is (at least a minimum amount of) power and as long as there is no heavy load even a single 4 pin connector should let the system boot.
    thanks CPU pins are OK, and the fan spinning normally
    let's wait for the bios option!

I'm having the exact same issues with this board. I tried my vid card and ram in a friends machine and they run great. I have the 20+4 power plugged in and my power supply only has another 4 pin for the 4/8 and I have that plugged in. I'm wondering is there an adapter to make it go from 4 pin to pin and if that might give it more juice. I've been fiddling with this mobo bs for weeks and am on the verge of buying a new mobo, rma'ing the junk one and selling the rma once it gets back.

Hi, in my case the CPU was the faulty bit: had to change everything before.....
    I still suspect a crapy mobo did trigger my issue initially but I am not that certain now and still believe you should try to find an old AMD and see if you get the initial boot beep, if you do-> your cpu was dead on arrival
    I have to say I had misplaced trust in AMD quality checks...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information