I'm looking at moving away from Asus motherboards.

My father and I have had 19 RMAs / replacements on our 680i Striker Extremes and Striker II Formulas (see my other posts about those junky mobos)

So, I'm now saving up for a new i chip set up.

At the moment I'm not sure whether to actually go full out on an i7 chip or go for the slightly cheaper lower i3 or i5 range.

I am planning on a budget of about 1200-1300 tops.

So, what I would like to know is the following:

1) How have Gigabyte improved over the last 8-10 years or so? (last Gigabyte mobo I had was about 1999-2000)

2) What sort of problems seem to be common with Gigabyte boards if any?

3) What is Gigabytes motherboard support like - especially in the UK? Also, if a fualt does occur and the mobo needs to be RMA'd, how is their RMA service? (Asus's one is really poor imo)

4) How does Gigabyte compare with Asus boards?

5) How easy are their manuals to understand now? - Again, when I last had one it seemed to me that you needed a Degree in English to understand them - as this changed?

6) Are their boards stable? I am so sick of my Nvidia based LGA 775 boards being finicky and faulty - as said, 19 mobos in just under 3 years.

Basically I'm sick of Asus's crappy attitude to their end users. They are unhelpful and their online support doesn't seem to understand even basic English. Their RMA process is stupid - I have to send my mobo to some company in Scotland who then send it to Asus's RMA centre in the Czech Republic. The process takes about 8 weeks now because they have been flooded with their EeePC's etc (which says to me that that product can't be great).

After 14 years of supporting Asus, the last 2 1/2 - 3 years of this bull has left me feeling thoroughly sick of them. So I want to find out everything I can about how the other companies compare as they stand today with the new i range of CPU chip.

I look forward to your answers!

Thanks!