Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Windows 7 & Creative Audigy Sound Card (No Sound)

Question Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Windows 7 & Creative Audigy Sound Card (No Sound)

Hey everyone, I am test driving Windows 7. First its a huge bloated monster @ over 23 gigs. This is pretty much Vista all over again. Just comparing this to XP x64 in size of the install and boot speed, well MS = FAIL imo.

Ok enough of the rant. Installed the OS fresh. I then installed the Creative Audigy sound card drivers and I get no sound. The device manager shows the device is working properly. Speakers and headphones that I tested work fine.

I then went into the bios enables the Azek? codec and installed the realtek drivers within windows. The realtek gives me sound. The Audigy does not.

Anyone have any thoughts? These are the latest drives from creative.
    Gigabyte Ep45-UD3P Motherboard (F10F Bios)
    ToughPower 650 PSU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9300
    Windows XP x64
    8gb PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) OCZ Reaper Memory
    500gb Seagate SATA Hard Drive
    20x LG SATA Dvd Burner
    Soundblaster Audigy Sound Card
    MSI ATI Radeon HD3850 512MB

Default Re: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Windows 7 & Creative Audigy Sound Card (No Sound)

what settings you have on Creative Audigy sound or mybe turn off the realtek in bios (integrated sound card) and remove driver and then install the latest driver for creative audigy or update to the latest bios

Default Re: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Windows 7 & Creative Audigy Sound Card (No Sound)

Running latest bios f10f on motherboard. I turned off the Realtek Azec codec in the bios. Then installed the Creative drivers. Checked and double checked all the settings. Setup speakers properly etc. There is just no sound coming out of the card. I also plugged the mic into the card and nothing is showing up in the vumeters windows 7 comes with.

Technically you can have more then one sound card in windows. You just have to select which is the one you want to enable. Once you enable one the other one will disable. This is the same functionality that XP 64-bit had built in.
    ToughPower 650 PSU
    Windows XP x64
    20x LG SATA Dvd Burner

Bump, I have reverted back to Windows XP x64 for now. But curious if there is a fix.
    ToughPower 650 PSU
    Windows XP x64
    20x LG SATA Dvd Burner

A while back I read some where that there was a beta driver by a guy (not official) that worked for the SB audigy cards. I believe I read that over at the creative forums. Might give that a try...

Thanks Conners, I think that might be the daniel k drivers. I tried installing that driver too as crazy as it was but didn't seem to work.

Unreal how creative has just gotten so bad with drivers. :(
    ToughPower 650 PSU
    Windows XP x64
    20x LG SATA Dvd Burner

Reggie is offline Junior Member

ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series graphics processors have Integrated Digital Outputs Enjoy your digital content the way you want to, with built-in HDMI that includes 5.1 surround audio for big screen entertainment.

If you don't want to use the ATI HDMI sound output, you can choose not to in the Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices

Thread Information